Hydraulic Whine?

/ Hydraulic Whine? #1  

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
Hi guys,

My 1986 Ford 1210 will make a whining noise when idling and no load on the rear 3 point. I throttle it down and as I am unloading wood from the trailer it makes a squealing / whining noise that stops if I move the lift lever. Nothing is even attached to the rear 3 point.

The fluid level is good and the fluid only has 100 hours on it or so even though that is probably 6-7 years. When I am using the bush hog I never seem to notice the noise. The tractor only has 400 hours.

Anything to check or nothing to be concerned about?

Thanks for the help.

/ Hydraulic Whine? #2  
Does the noise only happen when your 3PH lift is at maximum / all the way up? If so, it might be the maximimum lift stop lever. A picture of my tractor is shown in the attachment. I had to adjust mine. What happens is the lift cannot go any higher, but because the adjustment is off, the hydraulics still try to go up and the relief valve opens. If the noise goes away when you lower the lift, this might be the sound you are hearing.

Attachments

• LiftAdjuster.jpg
    LiftAdjuster.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 265
   / Hydraulic Whine?
I will be using the tractor this weekend and I will check and see.

Thanks for the info.

/ Hydraulic Whine? #4  
Thanks Jinman! The other day I noticed the same problem w/ my TC-30. I didn't have time to check it out. The max stop just needed adjusting. I easily could have wasted an hour + figuring out that complicated adjustment.