Hydraulic Top Link Replacement

/ Hydraulic Top Link Replacement #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
Howdy all,

I just wanted to give a large shout out to Fit Rite Hydraulics, and particularly to Brian aka (MtnViewRanch). I bought a new quick hitch [I'll post that info in the attachments section later] recently and decided to replace my top link at the same time. Contacted Fit rite and got the ball rolling. In a couple of days the new cylinder shows up in the mail. Extremely well packaged - even the cardboard box was unmolested - after its trip with UPS! Eagerly opened up, admired, and then went to mount it.

Brrrr, it won't quite fit into my bottom tractor mount - the bushing was approx 1/16" - 1/8" to wide. Darn it, I figured I'd just grind it down a tad, but since it's a brand new cylinder I'd better contact the company for guidance/instructions [like the paperwork in the box said -any fitment problems let us know].

Shot an email to Brian, [whom was aghast that it didn't fit right out of the box] but he said "go ahead and grind it down some if I chose to." I said no problem and broke out my grinder & took off a tiny bit at a time until I got it to fit like I wanted it too. It works like a champ, looks great, strong, and holds steady! I'm very pleased with the cylinder and with the professional business transactions of this company. Anyone whom may be thinking about some sort of hydraulic hook-up for their tractor - I seriously urge you to contact Fit Rite Hydraulics for your needs. It's a painless [well, except for the wallet pain - Har!] and flawless transaction. Thank you very much Brian for the new addition to my little beast.

Greg