hydraulic tick

/ hydraulic tick #1  

diesel red neck

Tractor
N.H. tc35da
hi i'm new here & i have a 2005 tc 35 da with 125 hours it has a hydraulic tick or rattle comming from the filter on the left side of the engine. the dealer had it for 2 months trying to fix then they said it was normal dont worry its only a ck valve.ialso have a 2000 tc 25 da that has no tick at all any ideas??? :)

/ hydraulic tick
nobody has this tick also the dealer told me that almost all tc 35-40-45 tractors have this tick & it is normal..

/ hydraulic tick #3  
ialso have a 2000 tc 25 da that has no tick at all any ideas???
From your last 2 posts, 2 months trying to fix it?
It seems your dealer is the one who has no idea at all.

/ hydraulic tick
yes they had it for 20 days the first time then 42 days the second time thats when the regional rep got a nasty call from me he had them split the tractor & replace the pump adj. the valves for some reason & replace all fluid & filters still have the problem so he wrote me a 3 yr extended warr. for free.

/ hydraulic tick #5  
He-he-he. Ask him why the warranty doesn't cover the issue you currently have.

/ hydraulic tick #6  
It's normal...

If you had asked this in the NH forum, you would have received an accurate response and possibly even an explanation. Sometimes posting is like a business...location, location, location.:)

There is a ball-checkvalve on the top of your HST filter that bypasses the cooler at low rpm and when the oil is cold (no need for cooling). Because of low rpm surges, the valve will "click" as you noted. Even an ol' guy like me who is slightly deaf can hear this little irritation. After awhile, it becomes like a security blanket to let you know that everything is working normally.:rolleyes:

Please don't lose any sleep over this and please tell your dealer that somebody on the web said he knew the right answer. He'll appreciate knowing...or maybe not.;)

/ hydraulic tick
thanks for the answer jim mabey you should charge my dealer a trouble shooting fee. ha ha