hydraulic systems

/ hydraulic systems
To sum things up: If it is an open center valve with PB, then I plumb it in series. It is an open center valve without the PB option, then I should plumb the valve in series after the 3 point hitch (assumming the 3 point hitch does not have too much fluid resistance). If it is a closed center valve, then I need to find a new outlet section for a valve that was probably made in the eighties. But, it is an older Bradco hoe, so more then likely it is setup to be converted to an open center system. I have sent an email to Bradco with the model number, so hopefully I will have the facts within a few days.

Thank you for all your inputs.

Keith

/ hydraulic systems #12  
Some yes and some negative. Keith.
"If it is an open center valve with PB, then I plumb it in series." YES!

"If is an open center valve without the PB option, then I should plumb the valve in series after the 3 point hitch."
NEGATIVE. Get a valve with PB. The reason is 3pt "ghosting"; not resistance.

"If it is a closed center valve, then I need to find a new outlet section for a valve that was probably made in the eighties." NEGATIVE. You cannot use that valve.

"But, it is an older Bradco hoe, so more then likely it is setup to be converted to an open center system."

YES and No. Usually doesn't matter. Most implements themselves will work with either system. The changes are typically made in the output connections from the tractor; not at the hoe. Bradco might be the exception because they are made mostly for commercial equipment.So checking with Bradco makes sense. Bradco is one very nice commercial duty hoe - though somewhat heavy for a smaller compact.

/ hydraulic systems #13  
BTW, I went to the site at www.bareco.com and looked at the open center drawing that was mentioned earlier in this thread. It is only correct for one transitory moment...and that is being generous. Looking at the pictures, I think that the author may have just copied his closed center diagram and forgot to change it. Hmmm...the closed center one isn't quite right either. Best look elsewhere.

/ hydraulic systems
Bryan at Bradco said that the hoe is normally shipped set up for an open center system. He said to pull the end plug on the valve. If the end plug is just a plug, then it is open center. If the end plug has a nipple, then it is closed center.

I question your second negative. If I buy a Prince SCV valve for example, the only difference in the three configurations of hydraulics are the outlet section of the SCV.

I am guessing that the nipple on the end plug blocks the open center through the work sections from reaching the outlet. Perhaps simply removing the material will change the configuration?

I do not understand when you say the attachments are the same, and it is the output connections of the tractor that are changed. Are there some tricks I do not know about? I would think it is strictly dependent on the attachment valve.

The hoe is a 3 point model 7LD, and it appears to weigh about 500 pounds. I will definitely put a frame mount on the hoe that ties into the sub frame mount for the loader. I just imported this 1510D a couple of weeks ago, and it is my first exposure to Yanmar tractors (including the other 7 tractors that the guys got). I was also concerned about the risks of buying sight unseen. I am absolutely thrilled with the condition, price, and design of the tractor (I have experience with a JD 855 with loader and hoe, and JD garden tractors), however, I plan to get a slightly larger Yanmar on the next order. Then, I think the loader and hoe will be just about right.

Keith

/ hydraulic systems #16  
Keith,

I have a YM1510D that came from Japan with a loader. The loader has only 2 hydraulic lines between it and the tractor. The pressure (source) line is plumbed up to the hydraulic block that is mounted on top of the transmission casing. There is a plug threaded into the left side of this block. If you remove it and replace with a fitting, you can get hydraulic pressure from here. The return line just goes to the reservoir. Now unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the loader and 3pt hydraulics to work properly. It seems to me that something is amiss in the way the hoses are connected. However, it is also possible that Yanmar made the auxiliary hydraulics in some unusual way so that there is pby capability built into that hydraulic block, so that when the loader needs no flow, the flow is diverted.

To complicate things even more, I have a YM1301D that came from Japan with a loader also. It has the typical setup described in all these posts. That is, the 3 hose hookup. It works fine, but I have to move the 3pt lever to the fully up position to get flow to the loader. There is a pressure source, and return line hooked to the hydraulic block on top of the trans case. Then there is the low pressure return that goes into the trans case (reservoir).

Does anyone out there have experience with the YM1510D that could shed some light on how the auxiliary hydraulics is supposed to be used? It doen't have the two plugs that the YM1301D has, just the one.

Greg

/ hydraulic systems
Greg,

On your 1510D there is a little "T" turn screw on top of the transfer case that turns the hydraulic flow out of the 3 point valve to either the 3 point hitch or to the outlet port that your loader is connected too. If you turn that all the way in, the loader valve should have pressure.

Keith

/ hydraulic systems
Greg,

To be a little more correct, the "T" screw blocks the flow to the 3 point cylinder. So if you turn the screw all the way in, you block the flow to the 3 point hitch, which is also used as a safety to prevent the 3 point hitch from inadvertantly moving. I suspect that you will have flow to both the loader valve and the 3 point cylinder if the screw is turned all the way out, but only when the 3 point valve is opened. Then, the 3 point hitch would move up every time you wanted to run the loader, so you would need to screw that valve shut. Mine was locked up, and required some lubrication.

Keith

/ hydraulic systems #19  
On a 186D there is a divider block on the high pressure line. It is on the side of the transmission. It has 2 ports for OUTLET and INLET. OUTLET is closer to the hydraulic pump and INLET is closer to 3pt lift cylinder. In order to use the divider block is is necessary to screw a headless pipe plug down in the inlet port which blocks an internal passage in the divider block. Without the plug the divider block is just a pipe and there is no reason for the fluid to flow to the auxiliary valve. The Auxiliary valve is rigged with PBY going to INLET, IN going to OUTLET and OUT dumps back into the side of the transmission. Thats how the operation manual shows it.

Chris

/ hydraulic systems
Unfortunately, the 1510D is plumbed differently from the 186D. I have the 186D service manual and owner's manual, and I wish my 1510D had that divider block. Instead, I will be cutting and brazing the high pressure line. I guess it does not matter, because they put the pressure line and return line right in the way of the loader mounting holes.

Keith