Backhoe Hydraulic shudder

/ Hydraulic shudder #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi,
I noticed my backhoe shudders/stumble quite a bit when raising the boom and a little less on all other motions. My dealership will be coming to get it this week but I wanted to see if anyone else had this happen. It shudders/stumbles to the sound of the diesal engine, not suire how to better describe it.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic shudder #2  
Its usually air getting in the lines at the hyd pump suction side. That would affect your loader too tho. :confused3:
larry

/ Hydraulic shudder #3  
check your fluid reservoir level.

i have noticed that machines without fel or backhoe have the sight glass completely full, but with the loader, or especially the backhoe, the level drops quite a bit.

i have opted to fill mine to the top with both the loader and backhoe attached.

/ Hydraulic shudder #4  
I had also noticed a shudder when my 2310 was under a load with the snowblower- just before warranty ran out, dealer came, picked it up, took to shop & checked it out :)thumbsup:). Determination was that it was OK.

During some heavy work yesterday, I again noticed a strong shudder; I was carrying a fairly heavy stump with the bucket, backing up a steep incline in 4WD low range.... seemed to vibrate/shudder quite a bit. Still feels "not quite right" to me, but we'll see..... I'll check the fluid level again today.