Hydraulic Oil

/ Hydraulic Oil #11  
I also use Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid. Paying for big name brands is just paying more money for the same performance.
"Paying for big name brands is just paying more money for the same performance"

Maybe in many cases, ..... but I would not use Traveller Premimum Universal Fluid in my Kubota L48TLB.
I know kubota does not make their own hydraulic fluid, but....they do have Kubota SUDT-2 made to THEIR Kubota specifications, and THAT is reason enough for me to use it!
I use TSC "universal" fluid in my 2 older manual shift Fords.

/ Hydraulic Oil
Thank You Wilco that is what I have asked.. appreciate all the advice otherwise. Already done the front axle with gear oil. So wanted to make sure the 5 gallons was enough for the change. Most people dont realize there are 3 oil capacity specs. One for oil change only, one for oil w/ filter change and one for total capacity. I even have the full service manual and it does not list these but I have seen some manuals that do.

/ Hydraulic Oil #13  
Thank You Wilco that is what I have asked.. appreciate all the advice otherwise. Already done the front axle with gear oil. So wanted to make sure the 5 gallons was enough for the change. Most people dont realize there are 3 oil capacity specs. One for oil change only, one for oil w/ filter change and one for total capacity. I even have the full service manual and it does not list these but I have seen some manuals that do.
How do you like your CK4010SE? Is this your first and if so, how do you like the HST? I have an order in for the CK3510SE.

/ Hydraulic Oil
How do you like your CK4010SE? Is this your first and if so, how do you like the HST? I have an order in for the CK3510SE.
Been driving tractors all my life (54 now) but this is the first I can claim as my own. Also first HST I have driven. Took almost a year of looking and test driving pretty much every brand and finally settled on the Kioti. Dealer was 2 hours away even though I had many other brands within 30 min. Don't regret it one bit. Only issue I have had was a blown hose end of the 3rd function which wasn't dealer fault but they replaced the hose anyway. Hope you get yours soon...

/ Hydraulic Oil #15  
Been driving tractors all my life (54 now) but this is the first I can claim as my own. Also first HST I have driven. Took almost a year of looking and test driving pretty much every brand and finally settled on the Kioti. Dealer was 2 hours away even though I had many other brands within 30 min. Don't regret it one bit. Only issue I have had was a blown hose end of the 3rd function which wasn't dealer fault but they replaced the hose anyway. Hope you get yours soon...
Thank You, so few folks with ( I still say keyoti even though I have learned it is Coyote) and feedback is always helpful. My dealer is an Ace Hardware near Cool California. I drove over to check it out and was very impressed. All my tractors have been Kubota. The CK series in the SE has included the two hydraulic ports out back, extensions on the lower link. The loader seems to be pretty robust (based on the tractor size) I have a flail mower that I use annually for the weed control cuz California has fire issues. When I get it I will post a picture or two. I use a Kubota mini excavator for all my stump removal and rock reorientation work. It is amazing. It is a friend of mines and I trade electrical work for the use of it. Mower is only 62" cutting width. I suspect I could go up to a 6' but, the problem is, the wider the mower, the easier it is to bend the shaft. Once bent even ever so slightly it is a vibration nightmare. I am on hilly terrain and that is what makes the difference between a tractor driver and a tractor operator. Thanks again.

/ Hydraulic Oil #16  
While on subject of hydraulic oil-----
A neighbor was a petroleum engineer for Shell and he claimed that hydraulic oil was the cheapest lowest quality oil produced, consequently he used SAE 20 or 30 (non detergent) in his personal equipment.
In fact some heavy equipment manufactures do recommend just that.

/ Hydraulic Oil #17  
When changing the oil, save 0.3 gallons from the "old" oil.... and use that to top up in case 5 gallons isn't enough

/ Hydraulic Oil
I went ahead and did a complete change. Glad I did because of all the grim attached to the drain plug. Put all 5 gallons in and it is dead center on the stick.
20210515_162244.jpg
20210515_163520.jpg

/ Hydraulic Oil #19  
I guess I'm too late, but i did mine at 50 hrs and it was a waste of $. In my LS, when I switched from whatever hyd fluid they used to Kubota SUDT2 I immediately noticed a decrease in HST whine and my loader felt a little less "jerky" (although that could have been purely psychological, but the whine definitely was real!). Anyway, I figured may as well do that at 50 hrs on this one, and other than learning where the filters are, where to buy them, and just how tight a gorilla at the Kioti factory can torque an HST filter, there was no benefit. The Mobil it came with from dealer was good.