hydraulic oil in t9

/ hydraulic oil in t9 #1  
Tractor
terramite t9
i know to use 15w-40 in hydraulic tank. it says the system takes like 9 gallons. how many gallons will actualy drain out with all cylinders retracted?? i need to know how many gallons to buy????

/ hydraulic oil in t9 #2  
If you are doing a full change you'll need 2 5g buckets and likely have some left for your next filter changes.

/ hydraulic oil in t9
If you are doing a full change you'll need 2 5g buckets and likely have some left for your next filter changes.

i was just wondering because people have said like 4.5 gallons are in the tank and the rest is in the system that stays in the system so you cant really get a full change of the fluid???? is that true??

/ hydraulic oil in t9 #4  
Nominally true.

The terramite is a pretty forgiving hydraulic system. Unless there's a particular reason, a full oil change is rarely necessary.

I'm not sure what capacities of the tank v balance of system is... but if you drain it and refill, run it and do all the cylinder motions a couple of times then drain and refill it you'll accomplish most of what an external filter setup can do. And yes 'waste' a bunch of oil. Kinda.

If you are trying to solve a particular problem, like lots of water in the system, do it this way and let the oil cool In Between, change filters... And of course find where the water is coming from. The cooling let's the water come out of suspension to the extent that it will...

When water gets in other wise good oil I use a suction filter cart setup with water separating filters. They're too low flow for general use but clean up reusable oil. Gets the water out, I fix the water problem and move on...

/ hydraulic oil in t9 #5  
" how many gallons will actualy drain out with all cylinders retracted?

Remember, these are double acting cylinders. They never completely drain when retracted because there is hydraulic oil on the backside of the piston that causes them to retract. The only way to remove (almost) all the oil is to take the hoses off each cylinder and manually cycle them.