Hydraulic oil disposal

/ Hydraulic oil disposal #11  
As other have mentioned, waste oil furnace. We have one in our shop (northern VT)and love it. Gets rid of the stuff and give you heat to boot. The only problem is (at least with ours) that the require more mantainance than regular heating oil furnace.

/ Hydraulic oil disposal
Derek, what kind of waste oil burner do you use? Did you build it or is it a commercial unit? I am considering building one because of the high cost of the commercial units that are available now. I don't need a lot of heat since the Winters here are sort of like pleasant Spring days in VT. I just hate to pay to
get rid of oil that could be used for heating my shop on the few cold days we do have.
Don

/ Hydraulic oil disposal #13  
Don

We use a link.

If you need more help or end up getting/making one, let me know. I have tips I learned after the fact that may help you.

/ Hydraulic oil disposal #14  
What about using it on a burn pile? I got trees and limbs that come down and it sure helps with a liitle diesel to get the pile going.

/ Hydraulic oil disposal #15  
My local Wal Mart takes it - and all my used oil - I change oil on my cars about every month - (lots of miles)
mike