Hydraulic Noise at Startup

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup #1  

1990F-150

Tractor
2023 LS MT240HE. JD S240. Honda Pioneer 520. Ford 8n. Ford 9n
My MT240 has a noticeable hydraulic squeal at startup. It only happens for a few seconds and when the tractor has been sitting for a few days. Is this a common issue? Should I be concerned or should I not worry about it. I have been on a friend's Kubota tractor that seemed to make the same noise on startup, so it may just be a normal noise. I'm coming from a Ford 8n, so I'm not used to some of the newer technology :)

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup #2  
I had the same problem until I tightened the alternator belt.

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup #3  
Yes it is common with at least the MT240, if it lasts just a few seconds, that should be fine, if it's like 10 seconds, it might require splitting the tractor for a new HST pump like mine and some others. I'll go find the thread about it and be back to post a link.

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup #4  
here is the thread Mt 240he hydro cavitation?

If your squeal is quick, you're probably fine, if it is long like mine in the video in post 4 of that thread, you'll need some warranty work.

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup
Wow, I never knew that was an issue. Long term could this cause any damage to the hydraulic system? For now, I'm going to keep and eye on it and see if it gets any worse.

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup #6  
just don't watch it past the warranty period, it was a $4300 repair.
As far as long term damage, I have no idea, I just know I was embarrassed whenever I started my tractor.

And with your other post, about hydro filters and fluids.... the repair comes with new filters and fluid, so at ~300 hours, I got all new stuff. (also did the 50hr both filters myself) I'll be switching to synthetic at the next filter change, no real reason other than peace of mind.

/ Hydraulic Noise at Startup
Yea, I won’t worry about the tractor for now. The sound is not that noticeable, just my last JD tractor did not make that particular noise.