Hydraulic lock up

/ Hydraulic lock up #1  

buppy69

Platinum Member
Tractor
Hinomoto E2804, Hinomoto N239,
I installed a factory Yanmar power steering kit on my tractor. The instructions showed to plumb into the loader manifold and add the included distribution block. Every couple of minutes the steering will lock up. Bumping the loader control or the 3 point lift lever unlocks it. Any ideas what I can do to prevent this. It's beginning to be a pain. I'm afraid to run it in high range because I may end up in a ditch.

Eugene

/ Hydraulic lock up #2  
Howdy Eugene,

I'm not sure if you're familiar with hydraulic diagrams & symbols; but if you could sketch up a rough layout of the hyd. plumbing system and post it here to provide info on what's piped where -it would be a pretty big help. I'm especially curious about the "included distribution block" and what it's supposed to accomplish.

Digital pics of the system, distribution block, and loader manifold would work as well as a diagram. My first guess is that you've got an issue with returning oil flow to the tranny/tank while NOT using the loader/3pt. This may explain why it works for a short while, but then 'locks up'. But, it's very tough to make an accurate guess without seeing how it's plumbed and any symbols cast/machined/stamped on the distribution block & loader manifold.

Good Luck,

BillyBob

/ Hydraulic lock up
Here's a diagram

Eugene

Attachments

• 781565-diagram.jpg
    781565-diagram.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 261
   / Hydraulic lock up
Sorry, It's upside down

Eugene

/ Hydraulic lock up #5  
Air in the system, mabe ?

/ Hydraulic lock up
Not after 3 years. Everything works as should except for the ocasional lock up.

Eugene

/ Hydraulic lock up #7  
I must be missing something. Your diagram shows only two lines to the cylinder, one of which goes to tank return. All of these I have ever seen have two pressure lines, both to the orbit valve. It has a pressure from the pump, pressure to left, pressure to right and return to the tank. Where is the orbit valve in your diagram? Also, by loader manifold do they mean the valves for the loader? Is the pressure takeoff prior to the loader or via a power beyond setup?

I am really interested in this as I have a setup that I plan to adapt to my little Mitsubishi.

/ Hydraulic lock up #8  
I didn't know it has been 3 yrs. Has it done this all along? or just start ? Possibly a bad cylinder ?

/ Hydraulic lock up #9  
How is the fluid proportioned to the cylinder? Usually there is a valve or something to control it.

/ Hydraulic lock up
The loader manifold is mounted under the rear seat just below the upper 3 point arms. It appears to be built into the tractor. The steering cylinder has a sliding sensor on the end thats mounted to the steering rod. When you turn the wheel it pushes the sensor in that direction and causes the fluid to flow. The return from the steering has no pressure. The cylinder was sent back to the dealer after I first got it and was checked out to be OK. It has done this since new. There is another hose from the manifold that I didn't draw because I didn't know what it was for (possibly the other pressure hose you were referring to). You can steer with one finger until it locks up, then just bump the loader control or 3 point lift lever and works great again.

Eugene