hydraulic lift trouble

/ hydraulic lift trouble #1  

DavidS

Tractor
Bolens G152
anyone ever had this trouble ith their lift? It seems to work just fine when I first crank the tractor. Butr after running for about 20 minutes it gets to where it will not lift all the time. Also the lift will not hold in the up position, it slowly lowers back to the grond. Also when I pull the dipstick to ceck the fluid level fluid will usually run out, but it shows not to be overfull. any ideas??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ hydraulic lift trouble #2  
It will help to know the tractor model but there are only two things in that system, the spool valve and the piston. I would guess that the seal on the piston is bad (not uncommon and not expensive) or the O rings between the case and the spool inside is bad. It gets worse as you run the tractor because the oil gets hotter/thinner and more easily sneaks by.

/ hydraulic lift trouble
It is a Bolens g152 wich I believe is an Iseki TX1500. I have had it in the shop before for the same problem and the mechanic told me that there was a valve sticking and that he polished the valve and it started working. I was wanting to try and fix it myself this time, but i cannot figure out how to crack open the hydraulic case.

/ hydraulic lift trouble #4  
That scares me to death, I wonder what he polished