Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010?

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010? #1  

future_vision

Gold Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
Been looking for hydraulic fluids for my DK6010. The manual Daedong UTF55 or equivalent such as, Mobifluid 424, Shell donax-Td, Exxon hydraul 560 or BP Tractran UTh. None of these are in the shelves locally. Would Tractor Supply's Universal work or maybe another brand?

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010? #2  
The Shell Donax was a good product that was used often in many IH Hytran applications.
Shell Donax TD was renamed Shell Spirax S4 TXM,
Most any quality Multi-purpose tractor fluid will work, Transmission, Hydraulic Fluid.

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010?
Only stuff that seems to be in stock anywhere immediately is Supertech Heavy Duty Tractor Hydraulic and Transmission fluid at Walmart. Think that will be ok?

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010? #4  
Yours is a HST tractor right? If so look for Kubota super udt 2 or from John Deere low vis hyguard. Whichever dealer is more convenient to you either is a great choice for a HST transmission.

Super UDT

Low Vis Hyguard

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010? #6  
It would not be my first choice and I certainly would not recommend it.

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010?
What would/could be the downside of running it in the tractor for a couple at days and then swapping it out besides losing $70 on the Supertech?

/ Hydraulic fluid for a Kioti DK 6010? #8  
Mobil Delvac is the new name for 424. Tractor Supply carries it.

If the Supertech is "premium" it's probably ok. As a broad qualifier you want fluid that meets Deere J20C. Old style fluid only meets J20A and that's not got enough additives for friction clutches and brakes in modern CUTs. Meeting Kubota UDT spec is probably good too.

I have used Supertech oil in my UTV and it works great. As does Amazon oil in my trucks. I would not dismiss generic oil from major brands, it's usually made to current industry specs by reputable companies.