Hydraulic dip stick?

/ Hydraulic dip stick? #1  

Old Grunt

Tractor
2016 eMAX 25, with the 25L loader, 25B backhoe, 25M belly mower and, a Bercomac front mount snowblower
I have a 2016 eMax25. On the back of the tractor is a small viewing port that you can check your hydraulic fluid level. I stress small, you need the frigging Hubble telescope to see anything in the port. Just wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket dipstick that I could buy so I don't have to rely on that miserable viewing port which just pisses me off to no end and I want to throw tools around lol!

/ Hydraulic dip stick? #2  
Is the port removeable? My Ford has a plug. Remove the plug and if oil runs out, it's full. That's how I fill it too. :cool:

/ Hydraulic dip stick? #3  
I use a long zip tie as a substitute dipstick. Measure from your fill port down to the sight glass, and transfer the measurement to your "dip stick" and use a sharpie to mark it. Then insert into the fill port and gets you pretty accurate idea of where your hydraulic level is.

My 2¢

/ Hydraulic dip stick? #4  
You might want to consider the tractor fluid specific red dye to put in there and provide some contrast in the viewing port. Made a huge difference in a hydrostatic subcompact I used to have. I used the John Deere stuff but I'm sure there's other equivalent products for half the money. The red was also helpful to identify what was leaking when you got a puddle on your shop floor.
The way that particular hydrostat was designed there was no way for a dipstick to reach all the way down to the sump from the fill port. Not sure if that's also the case with your specific model but if so the only way to add a dipstick would be to machine a port in the case

/ Hydraulic dip stick?
I use a long zip tie as a substitute dipstick. Measure from your fill port down to the sight glass, and transfer the measurement to your "dip stick" and use a sharpie to mark it. Then insert into the fill port and gets you pretty accurate idea of where your hydraulic level is.

My 2¢
Great improvisation!

/ Hydraulic dip stick?
You might want to consider the tractor fluid specific red dye to put in there and provide some contrast in the viewing port. Made a huge difference in a hydrostatic subcompact I used to have. I used the John Deere stuff but I'm sure there's other equivalent products for half the money. The red was also helpful to identify what was leaking when you got a puddle on your shop floor.
The way that particular hydrostat was designed there was no way for a dipstick to reach all the way down to the sump from the fill port. Not sure if that's also the case with your specific model but if so the only way to add a dipstick would be to machine a port in the case
I can see the dye in certain cases would be the perfect solution. I think this tractor was stored outside in the elements. The port itself is real foggy so I'm not sure the contrast provided by the dye would be enough not to mention the viewing port itself is less than 3/4 of an inch in diameter. The fill tube is directly above the port by about 8 to 10 in, I think the zip tie idea will work.

/ Hydraulic dip stick? #7  
I can see the dye in certain cases would be the perfect solution. I think this tractor was stored outside in the elements. The port itself is real foggy so I'm not sure the contrast provided by the dye would be enough not to mention the viewing port itself is less than 3/4 of an inch in diameter. The fill tube is directly above the port by about 8 to 10 in, I think the zip tie idea will work.
I wonder if maybe one of those headlight polishing compounds can help clean up the oxidation on that viewing port