Hydraulic Connectors

/ Hydraulic Connectors #1  

bmac

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC29D
As I'm sure everyone knows by now, the Lackender backhoe attachment with hydraulic cylinder comes complete with everything except the quick disconnect connectors. Exactly what is involved in installing these quick disconnects to the hydraulic lines?

Mr. Lackender said he could install them if I sent the connectors to him (along with the attachment plate). My concern here is getting the proper length of the hydraulic lines. Maybe it shouldn't be a concern, but having never seen one of these tractors in person, I my mind is working overtime.

On the other hand, if I do it and and do it improperly, I'm afraid I'll have oil spewing all over the place when I power the beast up.

So, if anyone can tolerate yet another question from this tractor owner wannabe, I would certainly appreciate a response.

As a follow-up question, do I need to order a set of male or female quick disconnects for the auxillay hydraulic lines to hook up the hoe?

Thanks again.

/ Hydraulic Connectors #2  
we are going almost parallel with two threads on the same day and same subject. i am sending randy lackender the pt 425 book so he can see exactly how the auxiliary hydraulic lever is situated and connected. several other lackender posts from carpenter and charlie have discussed this subject.

i think when randy receives a copy of my pt manuel we will all be a little better of. when he makes his suggestion of how to alleviate the wierd handling of the controls of the backhoe bucket on a pt 425.

good luck

/ Hydraulic Connectors #3  
bmac,

If you are worried, you can have the hydraulic hoses made up at a local hydraulic shop. Talk to your local tractor dealer or sometimes NAPA offers the service. Maybe Lackender could offer you a credit for you to supply your own hoses.