Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve

/ Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve #1  

mgi1840

Tractor
1999 Kubota L4200
My loader was not installed properly and I have taken it off the tractor. Removing the valve they installed is what I need some assistance with. 4 loader hoses removed without issue, 3 hoses remain and all go to the onboard block of the tractor. I disconnected the 3 hoses from the valve and removed it, 1 is for Power Beyond, (I am a novice and don't what that is), 2 & 3 are in and out puts on valve. Since I will not have anything attached, (snowblower only that attaches to the remotes on the back) I want to remove the hoses from the block and cap the block ports, I have already moved the control screw to the horizontal position. I will also change the hydraulic oil, engine oil and filters when done. Does this sound like the right thing to do? If not please advise?

/ Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve #2  
So what was installed incorrectly? The valve?

/ Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve
The joystick for the loader was not mounted correctly, they did not install a Power beyond adapter on the valve that disabled my remotes. Also bolts were missing in hard to get areas. I really just need to know if I can plug the ports on the hydraulic block and that will return the tractor to factory hydraulics.

/ Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve #4  
Normally pressure would be connected to power beyond if the valve is removed. If the power beyond sleeve was not installed in the loader valve I would hate to guess on how the system was plumbed.

What make and model of tractor of tractor is this on?

/ Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve #5  
The joystick for the loader was not mounted correctly, they did not install a Power beyond adapter on the valve that disabled my remotes. Also bolts were missing in hard to get areas. I really just need to know if I can plug the ports on the hydraulic block and that will return the tractor to factory hydraulics.
You can't just plug them. You say you removed 3 hoses but that they didn't install a power beyond bushing? What was the 3rd hose connected to then? I'm guessing they had the power beyond and tank hoses reversed, but only a guess. Hopefully someone with the same tractor can show the original configuration.

/ Hydraulic block and Westendorf loader T25 valve #6  
In answer to the OP's question, he's already done the right thing. On seven-hose loader valves I've seen with power-beyond, the power-beyond sleeve is in the valve, not in the hydraulic block.

Hydraulic flow for the 3-point goes through a hydraulic block. If a loader is not installed the screw in the block should be set for thru-flow to the 3-pt. Any extra hoses can be removed and ports plugged.

This block (really a diverter valve) has a 2-position selector screw. The block has ports for hoses - (1) to divert flow out to the loader, (2) for exhaust flow from the loader, and (3) a "power-beyond" hose from the loader valve to supply the 3-pt. The selector screw either sends flow directly to the 3-pt or diverts it thru the loader valve first.

I think the term "power beyond" has puzzled many tractor people - its just a cool-sounding name for a routine plumbing feature to divide hydraulic power between the loader and three-point so they don't interfere with each other. Take care, Dick B.

Last edited: