Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks?

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
Tried to plug the flat face connectors for my PHD in the other day. It was a warm day so I assume heat expanded things & pressurized the lines so they were keeping the QDs from compressing. After 15 minutes I fighting I finally busted out the wrenches & cracked a fitting on the PHD. Turning it off & activating the 3rd function hadn't helped.

Fittings are NPT so they will wear out & are generally a pain.

Does anybody make a small male to female fitting that has a bleed valve or screw on the side to release the pressure? Didn't see anything on Surplus Center that would help offhand. Any other easy recommendations for bleeding off the pressure so you can hook up the QDs?

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks? #3  
I've had success "watering" the hydraulic lines.

Requires a source of cool water, which my water supply provided. Plus it cleaned the hoses a bit.

I've also said "wait till morning".

It makes me remember to fully cycle hydraulics so they don't build up pressure.

I've read of using a piece of wood and something to persuade the wood to press hard on the the fitting.

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks?
The hydraulic motor won't store pressure like a cylinder would. So it was both fittings pressurized. 99% sure because of the mid 80 degree day. Was cool when I parked it a month ago.

Watering or waiting would have worked but I didn't have time to wait for the quick project.

Heard of tapping the fitting with a hammer as well. But also heard of damaging the fitting or loosing O-rings that way as well. Looking for a reasonably inexpensive easy solution.

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks? #5  
I hope that I'm not offending you when I ask if you've tried shutting down the tractor and then fully relieving the hydraulic pressure in the entire system via joystick and 3rd function button/control?

The only 3rd function I have is for my 4in1 bucket, which I rarely have on... it originally drove me NUTS :pullinghair: to put it on the FEL as the pressure prevented it. This was despite having shut the tractor down, lowered the FEL and 'wiggled' the joystick in all directions.

But I'd forgot to also wiggle the joystick with the 3rd function button depressed. Once I learnt/remembered to do that = "CLUNK!" all of the pressure was off of the lines and I could join the couplers with ease.

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks?
I hope that I'm not offending you when I ask if you've tried shutting down the tractor and then fully relieving the hydraulic pressure in the entire system via joystick and 3rd function button/control?

The only 3rd function I have is for my 4in1 bucket, which I rarely have on... it originally drove me NUTS :pullinghair: to put it on the FEL as the pressure prevented it. This was despite having shut the tractor down, lowered the FEL and 'wiggled' the joystick in all directions.

But I'd forgot to also wiggle the joystick with the 3rd function button depressed. Once I learnt/remembered to do that = "CLUNK!" all of the pressure was off of the lines and I could join the couplers with ease.
Yes, shut down, activated the 3rd function in both directions. Still no connectivity pushing as hard as I could. Hooked up fine after cracking the fitting on the PHD side. I'm pretty sure the oil in the PHD lines had heated up & expanded to ppresurize both of the limes. The pressure was keeping the QDs from compressing & connecting better than my arm strength trying to compress them & pressurize the oil further.

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks? #7  
Fallon I agree with a previous poster about switching to connect under pressure connectors.I have the factory connect under pressure type on my Kubota and most of the time I have no problem.

The problem I do have is I'm getting older and loosing strength. Sometimes I have to depress the male end against something to relieve pressure but most of the time they work pretty good. I think they are also cheaper than the flat face connectors.

/ Hydraulic bleeder fitting? Or other hose pressure relief tricks? #8  
What works for me is a trick suggested by someone here on TractorByNet.

After disconnecting the hose drain a small amount of oil. I drain about a teaspoon for each hose on my Kioti's loader. When reconnecting the air compresses.