Hydrau filling cap l3800

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #1  

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
All,

It will sound weird but the newbie to tractor that i am can't find the place to add hydrau liquid on my 3800. I looked everywhere, could the dealer used this filling hole when they installed oil hoses behind so now there would be a hose connected there ?

Help cause they are closed and my level is low because of a f.....leaking Walco log splitter i tryed...

Many thanks if you feel generous to help out

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #2  
My L3700 hydraulic fill is behind the seat, above the 3 Pt. hitch. The sight glass for level is below the seat, in the operators station, left hand side.

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800
Well it seems i am not that crazy. Am back home, checked my manual and there is definitely a hose screwed in the oil inlet. This is the way the dealer has connected my hoses for the hydraulic 3 pt implements. Is it the way it is normally done ? Sounds weird ?

Thanks again

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #4  
Need photo of what you are talking about. First off, there is a hydraulic system with a hydraulic oil reservoir and there is an engine lube system with a reservoir of engine oil Each has it's own separate fill port, drain port or ports, filters and level check systems. Engine oil is a dipstick, Hydraulic oil is a sight glass.

Even if somehow there is a hose attached to the Hydraulic Oil Fill port behind the seat, if you need to add hydraulic oil, dismount whatever is there and add fluid until it is half way up the sight glass and replace whatever you took off. I personally can't imagine a hose being attached to the hydraulic oil fill cap but I suppose stranger things have happened?

Best of Luck

I can't post picture as i am back home and my tractor is at my cottage but i checked my manual and clearly a hose is screwed right in the oil inlet. Actually i am making some research before i call the dealer, being under pressure i fear it could leak after i disconnet it to fill oil....

Thanks all

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #6  
I can't post picture as i am back home and my tractor is at my cottage but i checked my manual and clearly a hose is screwed right in the oil inlet. Actually i am making some research before i call the dealer, being under pressure i fear it could leak after i disconnet it to fill oil....

If you have the correct port it cannot be and is not under pressure. That port leads to the reservoir, no static pressure, just a holding area for fluid demanded by the pump. There is an internal return to the tank and those lines would be under pressure but once it hits the tank, it's like a pond. If someone scabbed a return line of some sort into the fill port, no flow would be present unless you operated the hydraulics with the cap and (hose?) off. I'm still not sure you have the right port identified but it is very obvious, so probably so.

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #7  
All,

It will sound weird but the newbie to tractor that i am can't find the place to add hydrau liquid on my 3800. I looked everywhere, could the dealer used this filling hole when they installed oil hoses behind so now there would be a hose connected there ?

Help cause they are closed and my level is low because of a f.....leaking Walco log splitter i tryed...

Many thanks if you feel generous to help out

My L3800 is the same way. Dealer replaced the original oil reservoir cap with one with a hose bib for the added 3-spool remote return line. The cap on mine does swivel so it easy enough to remove and insert.

I do sometimes check the oil level with my little finger - oil touching at the first joint. That's only because Kubota opted to hide that doggone sight glass. I finally put a nice white label over my sight glass view hole to save having to search for it when I check my hydraulic oil.

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #8  
If you guys with the sight glasses will add some of the John Deere hydraulic fluid dye it will make it easier to see the fluid level. OK you will still have to get down on your hands and knees to see it, but at least you will be able to see it.

John Deere part # MT3668

/ Hydrau filling cap l3800 #9  
My L3800 is the same way. Dealer replaced the original oil reservoir cap with one with a hose bib for the added 3-spool remote return line. The cap on mine does swivel so it easy enough to remove and insert.

Well there you go! OP, feel free to dismount the fill cap, hose and all. Just don't operate the hydraulics when you have it off or it will squirt, otherwise, it's a non-pressurized port to add hydraulic fluid.

You are so generous of your time and advices !

Many thanks