Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN
My SIL was having the same issue with his Husky. New belt didn't help. I finally got talked into looking at it (didn't take too much), and I figured out that he had it routed wrong. The routing is really goofy and once I had it wrangled around everything correctly, it was fine.
Hah, thanks Gstrom. I know the routing like the back of me hand. That ain't the issue - but appreciate the reality check

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN
Pulleys and idlers wear. They may not be noticeable, but they will not hold a belt.

I had all kinds of problems with my JDX300 deck until I replace a couple of idlers. Hasn't chucked or eaten a belt since.
Spindles are all one season old, maybe 2 at most. Could the drive pulley (at the clutch) need replacing I wonder?

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #13  
   / Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #14  
After working on my neighbors Husky zero turn, I'm not impressed with the build quality at all. About on par with a box store MTD in my opinion. I want to see grease fittings and metal bushings and her's is devoid of that plus it has a Kohler Courage engine which is basically a thousand hour throw away and the drives are sealed, so no fluid changes either. Most certainly a homeowner machine.

In comparison, my M60 Cub Cadet tank has a fabricated deck, spindles have grease fittings, deck suspension is angle iron arms and the Hydro Gear transmissions are serviceable and each has an oil filter and it has a Kawasaki V twin which is a much better lasting engine. In fact it's loaded with grease fittings, but the the Tank is a commercial grade unit and priced accordingly.

You always get what you pay for and that includes the box store JD mowers that are built by MTD and badged JD. Basically throw away mowers.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #15  
After working on my neighbors Husky zero turn, I'm not impressed with the build quality at all. About on par with a box store MTD in my opinion. I want to see grease fittings and metal bushings and her's is devoid of that plus it has a Kohler Courage engine which is basically a thousand hour throw away and the drives are sealed, so no fluid changes either. Most certainly a homeowner machine.

In comparison, my M60 Cub Cadet tank has a fabricated deck, spindles have grease fittings, deck suspension is angle iron arms and the Hydro Gear transmissions are serviceable and each has an oil filter and it has a Kawasaki V twin which is a much better lasting engine. In fact it's loaded with grease fittings, but the the Tank is a commercial grade unit and priced accordingly.

You always get what you pay for and that includes the box store JD mowers that are built by MTD and badged JD. Basically throw away mowers.

I used to agree with this, then realized this is not always the case. I have a white gt3000 tractor 2000era around 700 hours on it. got it used in 2014 (3k new in 2000)

I have now had the motor apart 3 times (B&S intek). One of the greasable spindles died, the electric pto was dead when i got it. every single steering bushing had to be replaced, both front tires needed tubes. back get fix a flat every year. throttle and choke cables melted. its on its 4th set of ignition coils (2 were mice damage). went through 4 drive belts in a year before i replaced every single pulley in the system, (yet it just chucked another one last week) , the front pull bar holding the deck wore through. Both front frame brackets holding the mower snapped in the same place (both got welded). and that's just off the top of my head.

my mother has a sears special 2004 era paid about 1200 new. has 550 hours on, and she literally rams it into tree's to get under them.

I have replaced 1 pto engagement cable, and a battery in that entire time...... YEA lets just ponder that.... not a single greasable point on it except front spindles. she cuts for 3 hours at a time, i barely cut 45 minutes. Honestly would rather have her machine at this point. Mine is built 3x better, but it sure doesn't last longer.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #16  
If you haven’t replaced the idlers on the deck, do it. I had a mower that kept eating belts. The idlers all felt fine with no belt on. But found 1 would lock up under a load.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #17  
Just got an email from my parts supplier yesterday.. The throttle cable that I had on backorder since the first part of June for my customers 2006 husqvarna rider is NLA.
I ran into the very same thing trying to buy a replacement pinion gear for our GHT26V52LS. No expectations of when (if ever) to have on available. So much for buying more Husqvarna, in my book.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #18  
I ran into the very same thing trying to buy a replacement pinion gear for our GHT26V52LS. No expectations of when (if ever) to have on available. So much for buying more Husqvarna, in my book.
Don't even get me started on Briggs after their buy out by a financial group following their bankruptcy. They are deleting entire engine parts schematics. Basically acting like it never existed.