Husqvarna HU 700F carb/choke

/ Husqvarna HU 700F carb/choke #1  

jpilk99

Gold Member
Tractor
1983 Ford 1700, 4WD, 770 Loader, Woods backhoe, Woods brush hog,etc.
I pulled one of these home from the dump - had never seen a Honda engine on a Husqy. The choke setup isn’t setup correctly and I’m hoping someone can share a picture of how the choke connects to the carb. I can’t find a diagram that shows it - and it is a rather unique setup.

Thank you.

Jay

/ Husqvarna HU 700F carb/choke #2  
Can you share a photo of what you have and explain what the problem is ?

/ Husqvarna HU 700F carb/choke
Sorry for the delay. Here's a few pics and a video (
) that hopefully show what I"m talking about. Again, just needing to know how the carb connects to the choke assembly...

Attachments

• IMG_8221.jpg
    IMG_8221.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8222.jpg
    IMG_8222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8223.jpg
    IMG_8223.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Sorry for the delay. Here's a few pics and a video (
) that hopefully show what I"m talking about. Again, just needing to know how the carb connects to the choke assembly...

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_8221.jpg
    IMG_8221.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8222.jpg
    IMG_8222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8223.jpg
    IMG_8223.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
   / Husqvarna HU 700F carb/choke #6  
Was the carb bolted on to the engine when you got the mower ?

You say it's a Honda engine, can you provide the model number of the engine ?

Is there a hand operated throttle lever on the handle of the mower ?

Richard

/ Husqvarna HU 700F carb/choke #7  
The lever that activates the choke is that arm just under the blower housing , kind of front left on the engine. Just put the carb on so the piece of spring steel pushes the choke closed when the choke lever is pulled back. The black plastic control doesn't belong on this.

Carb was disconnected. Engine sticker attached. Yes, throttle control levers “AutoWalk”

The lever that activates the choke is that arm just under the blower housing , kind of front left on the engine. Just put the carb on so the piece of spring steel pushes the choke closed when the choke lever is pulled back. The black plastic control doesn't belong on this.
Hey Tom. I went out to bolt the carb/air filter etc. back up and am finding that the bolts that were on there originally are too long "as is" with just the carb and the air filter housing. Ironically, they seem to be too long by the thickness of that black plastic control.... Wondering if I might need part # 32 in the attached??

Attachments

• Husqy Honda walk behind.JPG
    Husqy Honda walk behind.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 47
Hey Tom. I went out to bolt the carb/air filter etc. back up and am finding that the bolts that were on there originally are too long "as is" with just the carb and the air filter housing. Ironically, they seem to be too long by the thickness of that black plastic control.... Wondering if I might need part # 32 in the attached??
FYI. There were no gaskets on the carb when I got it so I found some like #26 and #12 and put them on there, but still have the 1/4" gap I'm noting.... :cool: