Husky 142 or 440 ?

/ Husky 142 or 440 ? #1  

Renze

Elite Member
Tractor
Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718
I am borrowing chainsaws too much, when i wear my brothers down i'll have to buy him a new one so i'd rather buy one for my self right now :) However my employer is reorganizing and my job will end by the end of the year so i dont want to spend big bucks right now.. Anyways i'm deciding between a used Husqvarna 142 or a used 445, both about 2.6hp and 40cc. The 445 is about twice as expensive as the 142 when new, so that leads me to wonder: how big is the difference in quality ?

Furthermore, i have a 141 which has a broken crankshaft threaded stub to which the clutch mounts, the piston and cylinder in it have ran less than an hour. This piston and cylinder fit a 142 too as well as most (if not all) other parts.

What would you advise me, based on experiences with either saw model ?

/ Husky 142 or 440 ?
Nevermind, i bought a 455 rancher on sale, the dealer had an open house and for the occasion sold 10 of them for 399 instead of 649... i couldnt resist and bought the last one ;)

/ Husky 142 or 440 ? #3  
The 346xp, 550xp or 545 would have been a much better choice, but more money. For occasional use the 455 should be fine.

/ Husky 142 or 440 ? #4  
Don't even consider a 142, built real cheap. Steve

/ Husky 142 or 440 ? #5  
Did the prices go up on the 455's?? Seems a few years ago, $399 was the everyday price at TSC??

IF they gone up that much, I guess you got a pretty good deal. My local TSC dont even carry the husky line anymore. All J-reds, even a 2166, which is far from the lower end saws they used to carry.

/ Husky 142 or 440 ?
Did the prices go up on the 455's?? Seems a few years ago, $399 was the everyday price at TSC??
yup but i was talking Euros, not Dollars. You guys get all these garden and landowner equipment way cheaper than we do, for some reason...

My local TSC dont even carry the husky line anymore. All J-reds, even a 2166, which is far from the lower end saws they used to carry.
Jonsered comes from the same factory as Husqvarna. The local dealer showed me a Jonsered which was the equivalent of my 455, the only difference we could spot was the decompression button was in a location where my Husky has a blindcap... Next to that, Husky doesnt deal with warehouses, only certified dealers, or online stores. Probably a marketing choice as all the cheap junk is sold by warehouses..