Price Check Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online?

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #11  
2 years ago there were cheap tier 3 engines not the expensive clean tier 4 ones they have to sell now.

I think it was $1,500 in parts for 3 spools on my tractor. I got a nicer more expensive valve, but did all the install myself. $500 a spool installed isn't out of line at all

The J2030 from a few years ago had the Mitsubishi S3L2 engine rated 27hp @2700 rpm. The new (last year) XJ2025 has the S3L2 rated at 24.5 hp @ 2500 rpm. Seems like same engine downrated to avoid some tier 4 requirements.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #12  
Engines 25hp and up are subject to tier 4 now. That is why the change was made, I would imagine.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #13  
The local dealer that advertises on Craigslist has the XJ2025 listed at $13,999 and they usually will come down a few hundred off of that.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #14  
WHen he installs the first set he has to do the work to get at everything and while he is there installing the second set is actually less than half the work it would be if he had to start fresh so he is overcharging big on the second set. So if he wants to charge that much make them install the first set then take delivery of the tractor for 1 min on his lot and then tell him to install the second set so he has to actually earn the rest of that money. Charging the same for both is overcharging if they are being done at the same time IMHO.
Seeing he is trying to charge the same for both sets being installed at the same time I can only assume he is going to clean out your pocket every chance he gets so if anyone around me was asking what to do I would say go find an other dealer and start there!

Now as to price of the tractor when I last shopped I found some major differences in price between dealers just 30 miles apart. One dealer was actually 7,000 higher than anyone else and tried to claim that it was a good price but I would assume he too would charge full price to install the second set of remotes even with not having to do all the work twice. Everyone else was much closer in price and the cost of options were also much better.