HST safety sensors

/ HST safety sensors #1  

Midwest Mike

Tractor
XR4046H
I have an XR4046H, an HST model with the backhoe attachment. With the parking brake set, I use to be able to set the parking brake, get off the driver seat and transfer to the backhoe seat to operate the backhoe. If I do now, the engine dies. When I engage the parking brake, the icon on the console display lights up but does beep. The PTO is disengaged. When I get off the seat, the engine dies. I know the seat sensor is working because it runs until I get off the seat. I know the parking brake sensor is ok because the console icon lights up when engaged. I know the PTO switch is working because the console Icon lights up when engaged. Is there another safety interlock I'm not aware of?

/ HST safety sensors #2  
I would suspect the "Neutral" sensor for the pedals.
If the seat safety switch isn't closed (Someone seated) and the neutral sensor is activated (Not sensing the pedals are in the neutral position) it will kill the engine for safety.

/ HST safety sensors #4  
That seat switch was always a pain for me. I'd lift my butt up to see the bucket a bit better as I come into a pile or with the pallet forks or something, and the tractor would die. I'd hit a bump while out mowing, and the tractor would die (until the seat fell back down). So many issues with that seat switch. So I jumped it and never looked back.

Some people have issues with disabling safety features on things. And I'm one of them. I do not disable certain safety features because typically they are there for a reason. And that reason will usually save a life, including mine. But three things get disabled as soon as I get them: 1) Seat safety switches. 2) that beeper under the dash. And 3) modern gas cans.

Besides that, all other safety features stay intact unless they break (PTO shaft covers as an example).

/ HST safety sensors #5  
The HST petals in neutral position is one I do like.
PTO engaged is another useful one.
My seat switch is on a toggle so I can flip the switch when I want/need to move the tractor while not in the seat (hooking up backhoe is the big one). I really like the brakes on warning beep and brakes not one when getting off only beeps for 10sec and stops unless the engine is stopped then there is there is no timeout.
Nothing stopping you from starting in any range but it does not need to be in N. That one I had to bypass on the Kubota on day one.