HST Issue

/ HST Issue #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So out of the blue, my HST isn't working correctly. Misbehaves with and without linked pedal enabled. When I press the forward pedal, tractor starts moving, sometime slower than it should, then jerks and starts moving faster. Sometimes, no matter how far I push the pedal it will only move at a slower rate than the pedal should be dictating. When I let go of the forward pedal, tractor keeps moving for about 10-15 feet then jerks to a stop. Reverse behaves same way. I've tried adjusting the knob to adjust the rate at which it changes direction and doesn't help. Thoughts?

Thanks

-Craig

/ HST Issue
Thanks. I have checked all the wire connections I can find like 3-4 times and can't see anything lose. Additional testing did indicate it is only happening on forward, reverse is fine. Guess will have to take into dealer.

-Craig

/ HST Issue
Do you have this process? Not really detailed anywhere I can find.

/ HST Issue #6  
Calibration process as gleaned from the service manual. I take no responsibility for the accuracy here (I don't have access to any updates to the manual, in which case if there are any updates they are not reflected here).

Calibration mode activation

• With the brake pedal depressed, press the CAL
switch and hold the ignition switch in the ON posi-
tion for approx. 2 seconds to enter the calibration
mode.

• The lamps come on in the following order: N->L->N
->M->N->H->N->L->N->M->N->H->N. Then, the “N”
lamp comes on.

Remark
• If the calibration mode is abnormally activated,
the lamp “N” comes on.

Upper limit setting for forward/
reverse driving pedal

• Check the upper limit of the forward/reverse driv-
ing pedal. With the pedal released, press the “NO
STALL” switch (1) to the ON position and set the
cruise switch (2) to the ON position once.

• The “N” lamp (1) goes off and the “CAL” lamp (2)
comes on.

Remark
• If the limit is correctly set, the “N” lamp goes off
and then the “CAL” lamp comes on.
• If incorrectly set, the cruise lamp blinks.

Lower limit setting for forward/
reverse driving pedal

• With the forward/reverse driving pedal depressed to
its deepest position, place the speed limit switch
to the ON position and set the cruise switch to
the ON position once.

• The “CAL” lamp goes off and the “N” lamp
comes on.

Remark
• If the limit is correctly set, the “N” lamp goes off
and then the “CAL” lamp comes on.
• If incorrectly set, the cruise lamp blinks.

Finishing setting

• After performing the steps described above, make
sure to set the speed limit switch (1) to the OFF po-
sition and turn the ignition switch to the OFF posi-
tion to complete the calibration.

/ HST Issue
Thanks. So I have the Workshop manual, I guess this is different than the Service manual? I looked in the Workshop manual and couldn't find this procedure. Maybe I was looking in the wrong area.

-Craig

/ HST Issue #8  
Craig, same thing, "Workshop Manual." I used a generic label/name for it.

Section 9.1.1 (it took me quite a while to find it)

If I'd known that you had the manual it would have saved me a lot of cutting and pasting:eek: But... it's now here for anyone who doesn't have the manual.

/ HST Issue #9  
If recalibrating doesn't work then perhaps it's got something to do with the "Forward" travel pedal solenoid. There's one for Forward and one for Reverse and they're both down under the floor. I'd check the connections there: wouldn't hurt taking the apart, cleaning and then applying some dialectic grease.

/ HST Issue #10  
I have a small Kubota with hst and it will act like this when roading if running low rpms and really does when the grade changes even a little. By low rpms it hits 540 rpm I think about 2500 engine rpms but if driving on road running less than about 2,000 engine rpms if in high range and pedal is fully depressed my will act as you described, does not the run on after releasing the pedal and that to me might be a different issue.