How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area?

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
After the past few months, how is the new and used tractor market doing in your area? That would be for new and used as well as availability? Prices strong or weak? Lots empty or full? Sales up or down?

In my area of the Midwest, the farm economy has taken a real hit with prices low and rain scarce. And the flu thing on top of that. Despite all that I still see product moving out of dealer's lots at a good clip. I'm told parts sales are strong. It seems new tractors are selling better than used but there are some used CUTS and used utility tractors on lots and have been there since winter.

How are things in your area?

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #2  
...Flu ?

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #3  
Our farming economy went south long ago, so except for potato farmers that sector of the economy isn't very robust. Yet despite the unemployment rate, hard goods and real estate are selling like hot cakes.

It will be interesting to see how many slightly used tractors, pickups, ATVs and other toys hit he market in another year or so when people are making their regular wages rather than from an artificially inflated unemployment payment..

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #4  
I have no idea how the market's doing. I've spent all summer sheltering in place while I dig holes and address assorted water issues.

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #5  
According to Neil Messicks recent video, the market is super hot right now.

I spoke with another Kubota dealer yesterday and he says he has 40 tractors on the lot where he generally has ~125?

I’m ready to immediately purchase a new Kubota LX3310 with backhoe but cannot find one without waiting 2-6 months.

I’d be willing to drive 2-300 miles from Laplata, MD 20646 to immediately purchase if anyone knows of one for a good price.

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #6  
Drove by one of my Kubota Dealers last night. Still seems like a lot of inventory on the lot. I always look, driving by and it certainly didn't look sparse.

Heard Deere can't fill orders for lawn and garden sized tractors for lack of productiion.

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #7  
The major dealers, around here, seem to have plenty of the smaller new units on their lots. Selection gets tighter as one goes up in size. There never has been a market for smaller used units. People buy and keep what they have.

Bigger tractors - 350 to 600 hp - plenty of those around.

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #8  
I have a friend who is a new/used tractor dealer, last I asked, he says sales are up...

I helped out the "used" market a little a couple weeks ago, I bought a tractor... lol

SR

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #9  
There seem to be slightly fewer used CUTs on the market, and prices remain high.

/ How's the new and used tractor market doing in your area? #10  
I believe the COVID Boogeyman will make his presence known more and more in unexpected ways as this thing drags out.