How to use this forum

/ How to use this forum #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Find an interesting topic. Read and comment.
I know - Stupidly obvious. I know but so many people miss it. They find the topic of interest read the first post and hit reply which posts on page 7 or 27. Without ever reading the 7 or 27 pages of information and opinions. The result is not so good. It's okay in a daily joke thread but not so good in an on going discussion. Kinda like approaching a group of farmers gathered in front of the hardware store and saying I heard it's gonna rain. Pretty sure they all just look at you like your momma dropped you on your head. If you want to add a comment be a good listener first, read the discussion.

Didn't know where to put this... move or delete as needed.
Cheers

/ How to use this forum #2  
It's been like this on forums since the CompuServe days...and will be to till the end of time. Think it's bad here? Don't look on the FakeBook groups :ROFLMAO:

/ How to use this forum #4  
It's been like this on forums since the CompuServe days...and will be to till the end of time. Think it's bad here? Don't look on the FakeBook groups :ROFLMAO:
I will whole heartedly agree with you! I have looked over peoples shoulders (with thier permission) and read some of that "Fakebook" content. And people wonder why I never had one of those Fakebook accounts??!!!

/ How to use this forum
Fakebook :LOL: Never had an acct there. True Rocky, 47 pages is a long read in but there may be som really good, or great information buried in those pages that you would not have found had you just hit reply. Besides what read matters more than what post. And with that I'll take my own advice. Chow.

/ How to use this forum #6  
I have caught myself doing it, I try not too... It is easier to follow along when you get in early, but when you see a thread for the first time, and it is 47 page long it's hard not too ...
Yeah, I think most of us have done that from time to time. Easy to do if you see something on one of the early pages of a long thread and want to throw in your 2¢ worth only to realize that others have said the same thing a couple pages on.

I've never used Facebook, but from what I've heard there's no easy way to search topics. Maybe that's changed.

/ How to use this forum #7  
There was a thread, I can’t remember what is was about but it got fairly long and the OP came on and said he fixed it. Of course people kept post on how to fix it for another 5 pages.

/ How to use this forum #8  
There was a thread, I can’t remember what is was about but it got fairly long and the OP came on and said he fixed it. Of course people kept post on how to fix it for another 5 pages.
You might be referring to Kando, and the infamous drain plug thread. Rounded off drain plug

/ How to use this forum #9  
That too happens all the time...Its really funny when its a 5 year old thread too :LOL:

/ How to use this forum #10  
You can see how many replies have been posted in a thread before you wade into it. If a thread already has 900+ replies may be a good idea to know that up front?