HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD

/ HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD #1  

Williy

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb, LS land grader
Happen to see this on youtube and hope this will be of some help to somebody

willy

/ HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD #3  
Looked like decent job with equipment they had. Any idea on what the bath treatment was?

/ HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD #4  
Looked like decent job with equipment they had. Any idea on what the bath treatment was?
Looked like chrome solution but sure wasn't done anything like the shop I worked at 40 years ago. The rod would have been stripped of the old chrome and when rechromed it would come out with a frosted looking coating that would then be polished or ground. Tear down and reassembly all done on a hydraulic powered bench. Hydraulic torque wrench to loosen and tighten the nut. Pressure tested after assembly. Chroming was done in a ventilated enclosure. Face shield, rubber apron and rubber gloves required. Definitely a different world they live in.

/ HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD #6  
Looked like chrome solution but sure wasn't done anything like the shop I worked at 40 years ago. The rod would have been stripped of the old chrome and when rechromed it would come out with a frosted looking coating that would then be polished or ground. Tear down and reassembly all done on a hydraulic powered bench. Hydraulic torque wrench to loosen and tighten the nut. Pressure tested after assembly. Chroming was done in a ventilated enclosure. Face shield, rubber apron and rubber gloves required. Definitely a different world they live in.

But did you notice the dress,,,, My guess was India or Pakistan or general area....They see to get a lot of good work done with out a lot of technology/power tooling....

/ HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD #7  
Bent a 480CK loader rod many years ago and a Case mechanic straightened it the same way, 3 months later it bent again and took out the other rod as well with a full bucket of granite

/ HOW TO STRAIGHTEN A BEND CYLINDER ROD #8  
I just picked up a small rod that i had chromed at a rod building and chroming shop in So Cal the other day. Like KWentling said, the YouTube featured is not like that we have and we're in California (think regulations, CAL OSHA, etc).
Excellent shop. They made a new rod for a Cat excavator a few years ago for a job I had. 1/4 the price and 3 months faster!

Last edited: