How to stiffen up a bandsaw

/ How to stiffen up a bandsaw
Well figured I would show a pic or two of what I have been sawing. Cylinder mounts for my processor build. Holes cut with a drill press and hole saws. Doubling the 1in plate. Predrilled 1/2in holes before finishing with 2.5in holesaw. This makes it a lot easier for the hole saw to cut thru the thick plate. Drilled one plate then spot welded the other plate to keep it square and used the holes in first plate as a guide for the second plate. After about 5 of thes holes, I noticed the pin wouldnt fit all the way thru the second layer of metl. It seems the last holes wherent as big as the first holes. Took a new holesaw and ran it thur again. I guess after sawing thru about 6inches of metal, the holesaw lost a little dia. Pins are 2.5in. Will be using twin 4.5in bore cyl. for the splitter. I had planned on welding the mounts to the hbeam today, but my Northerntool grinder gave up the ghost and I couldnt grind my bevels for welding.

Attachments

• 1129141540.jpg
    1129141540.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 1129141619.jpg
    1129141619.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 1129141744.jpg
    1129141744.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 75
   / How to stiffen up a bandsaw #32  
My suggestion is only partially relevant to what you are trying to build but here it is.
3/4 in. Thick x 1 in. Hole Male Tang Cylinder End | Princess Auto

I buy hydraulic cylinder tangs and utilize the 1" hole in them to mount cylinders and make hinge points.
The holes in the tangs are a perfect fit for hydraulic cylinder pins and it is easier to weld on the tangs than make good consistent large diameter holes.

Dave M7040

/ How to stiffen up a bandsaw #33  
How to stiffen up a bandsaw

Dirty photo's?

/ How to stiffen up a bandsaw #34  
Last edited:
My suggestion is only partially relevant to what you are trying to build but here it is.
3/4 in. Thick x 1 in. Hole Male Tang Cylinder End | Princess Auto

I buy hydraulic cylinder tangs and utilize the 1" hole in them to mount cylinders and make hinge points.
The holes in the tangs are a perfect fit for hydraulic cylinder pins and it is easier to weld on the tangs than make good consistent large diameter holes.

Dave M7040
Yep that would work, but my cylinders have 2.5in pin holes. I already had the pin material and the metal for the pin bosses. I also am mounting two cylinders, one above the other, on the same base. The hole saws worked out fine for this application. The holes may not be perfect, but they are close enough for what i am building. When I get the welding done and my pusher slide built, I'll post a few pics of the setup. Probably wont be this wkend tho. , I'll try to make some better pics so they are easier to see

Bad spelling, Sildenafil, but Tadalafil last longer. :thumbsup:

/ How to stiffen up a bandsaw #37  
Bad spelling, Sildenafil, but Tadalafil last longer. :thumbsup:
I could blame spell check but I guess that's what a grade 10 education gets you these days. :) Terry

Stay in school, kids.

Last edited:
the way you spelled it, i didnt get the joke, as soon as I googled it, I had a good laugh

/ How to stiffen up a bandsaw #39  
the way you spelled it, i didnt get the joke, as soon as I googled it, I had a good laugh

C'mon, Bill. Tell the truth. Did you REALLY have to google it? :)

Terry

Cough, cough, Yea I did.:ashamed: