how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
on my netbook I am trying to hit a website and simply get an unable to laod error. I can hit the site on my phone however. I know the web site has had a few issues in the last few days requiring refreshing on the phone to get it to load.

thinking whatever may be saved on the netbook may be bad and not letting the page laod.

is there a way to clear a saved web pages data.. or to make it reload a new copy? ( obviously not an it guy ;) )

ie 8 on this netbook.

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data #2  
Shift + Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + F5 should work in IE8.
Ctrl + F5 works in Firefox or Chrome.

Aaron Z

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data
thanks, I'll give it a try!

it may just be their site.. but ... ;)

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data #4  
If that don't get it, open up a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" then click enter.

more info. i contacted the website and they are migrating their servers.. guess that is the issue.

my pc will absolutely not see them. oddly enough.. my phone sometimes sees them.. though i usually have to relaod the page 4-5 times.

still go ahead with the flush dns stuff?

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data #6  
In IE you can open the IE Tools/Internet Options and on the general page delete files. Not sure about Firefox which I use.

I have downloaded and installed CCleaner from FileHippo.com - Download Free Software. It will purge your computer of old IE, Firefox and Chrome files.

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data #7  
more info. i contacted the website and they are migrating their servers.. guess that is the issue. my pc will absolutely not see them. oddly enough.. my phone sometimes sees them.. though i usually have to relaod the page 4-5 times. still go ahead with the flush dns stuff?

I would go ahead with it. It won't hurt anything. It will force your PC to get new DNS information, hopefully including their new servers.

it worked!

thanks

/ how to relaod a web page that may have bad ? cached data #9  
what did you do to make it work?

the dns cleaner thing...