Grapple how to plumb third function valve on bx2230

/ how to plumb third function valve on bx2230 #1  

bobriver

Tractor
kubotabx2230
I'm not sure how to connect the various hoses from the pump to the new third function valve, the existing loader and new grapple.
Any help would be appreciated.the

/ how to plumb third function valve on bx2230 #2  
Hey Bob,
Welcome to TBN.

I'm sure some folks with better(first hand) knowledge of kubota will be along shortly and can give you the specifics, but your 3rd function should go in the "Power Beyond" line coming off your loader valve, Typically this is what feeds the rear 3pt and any remote hydraulics so you should be looking for a line from the valve body to the rear of the tractor.

I did a write-up on the process of putting a 3rd function on our Kioti CK35. It obviously won't be a bolt for bolt How-To guide but it might give you a general idea of what you're in for.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 3rd function build - Revised.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
   / how to plumb third function valve on bx2230 #3  
I'm not sure how to connect the various hoses from the pump to the new third function valve, the existing loader and new grapple.
Any help would be appreciated.the

The cheap and simple way is to add a hydraulic selector valve assembly to the frame area of your loader close to the bucket.

Your local hydraulics place will be able to get you one and the right hoses and fittings.

The selector valve locks the bucket in place and directs the hydraulic flow to the grapple cylinder.

Think of it like an A-B switch. You can use A (the bucket) or B (the grapple) but not both at the same time.

You connect the two hoses going to the bucket cylinders to the selector valve. Then you connect the bucket cylinder hoses to the selector valve and the grapple hoses to the selector valve.

Some 12 volt wiring back to the operator's station and you can instantly change from controlling the bucket to controlling the grapple. When you are controlling one function, the other remains locked where you last left it.

There are lots more complicated ways to do this but for someone with limited knowledge of hydraulics, not a good idea as with hydraulics, you do NOT have the lets just try it and see what happens option.

Instead you end up breaking expensive parts in a second.

Dave M7040

/ how to plumb third function valve on bx2230 #4  
Each model has some variations on how they are piped from others in the same line. As examle my BX the 3 PT control is first in the Power circuit and the PB goes from their to the FEL valves. I always start with the basics such as the last posts. First we have to know more detail on what you want to do and the end functional result. One of my always first steps is to consult the WSM for the model in question if available. If not trace out all the plumbing so you know what does what; this requires some knowlege of hydraulics to accomplish. Yes, the electric solenoid selecter switch is the easiest for the novice mechanic. But you may want a hydraulic solution and then we need more information to be of any help.

Ron