How to measure hydraulic pressure?

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #12  
It's a shame more people dont think poorly of JD due to their attacks on dealerships and owners

Any hydraulic shop should be able to source the fittings or even tractor supply.
If it’s threaded or there is tubing, pipe or hose there will be fittings, gauges and valves that will work At the required pressures. Tubing or threaded fitting will be the easiest to break into.

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #13  
@markedenfield I had similar questions. Here is what I did

Was pretty simple really,the cost was $38 from amazon, I have 1/2 fittings, you might have a different size.
Parts:

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure?
You can watch our video here, and we sell gauges too.

I watched the video - very informative - thanks. I'm new at this so bear with me although I am mechanically inclined. What thread type does the hydraulic port on my JD have? Are they NPT?
And I understand about some people being biased about certain products. No biggie. I just scroll on past.
Do you have any videos on repairing/upgrading the hydraulic pump on my JD? If not, do you know where I could find one? Someone mentioned shims? Again, thanks for your help. Kenny, right?

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #15  
Your tractor should loader have quick connects on it (judging by old google images pics), and that's your best option, get a matching quick connect, you don't want to open and screw anything into your hydraulic port.

Disconnect a quick connect to your loader (just need 1) replace it with the quick connect on the gauge, take your reading (adjust the relief valve if necessary) then disconnect the gauge and hook the loader back up. Should be done in 2 minutes, no tools required.

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #16  
I watched the video - very informative - thanks. I'm new at this so bear with me although I am mechanically inclined. What thread type does the hydraulic port on my JD have? Are they NPT?
And I understand about some people being biased about certain products. No biggie. I just scroll on past.
Do you have any videos on repairing/upgrading the hydraulic pump on my JD? If not, do you know where I could find one? Someone mentioned shims? Again, thanks for your help. Kenny, right?
1) You needn't worry about the threads, you will be plugging into one of the ports like the video shows.
2) JD uses mostly ORB (o ring boss) threads for their QD's
3) No, we don't.
4) No, I don't.
5) For the 790, you would add shims to increase the PRV pressure, lots of info on that if you search here and on Google.

6) Yes, I'm Ken/Kenny

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #17  
Use a pressure gauge of around double the psi rating of what you expect to measure. You are looking at 2000 to 3000 psi, so the appropriate gauge is a standard 5000 psi.
Lots of people monitor their FEL pressure. You can leave the gauge in the circuit, I do. Although if you do that you may want to use an unfilled gauge to avoid freezing. For the accuracy you are wanting, either flled or unfilled gauge will be fine.

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #18  
Why do you continue to spread fake news with your hatred for JD?

His 790 uses either a 1/4" 5675 "AG" style fitting, or a 3/8" 7241B type depending on the serial number. Both are standard across many tractor OEM's.
I don't 'hate' anything or anyone. I used to have JD tractors and you and both know that JD parts are super expensive.

One thing I do dislike is your snarky comments however.

Just because I won't buy your overpriced hooks when I can easily fab up my own for a helluva lot less don't mean you need to keep posting childish comments. That goes for the rest of your overpriced junk as well.

Get a life. I'm sure you'll report me for this comment, just like you to play that crap.

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #19  
No reporting @5030 , but I think most can see who is acting 'childish' here.

Many other brands have expensive parts too, but luckily they are still available.

/ How to measure hydraulic pressure? #20  
I bought a set like this for testing my dozer and excavator. $50-70
https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Hydraulic-Excavator-Construction-11Couplings/dp/B07HQ3CZ1B/
81OtcMgR++L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited: