How to make Railroad ties last longer?

/ How to make Railroad ties last longer?
I think I am going to bite the bullet and get a scoop of gravel to put against the ties. I have a material yard right next door to my property that lets me come in and grab a scoop at a time. (I know, what was I complaining about right?). I did a quick calc and it is about 20 cuft. Which is about 1 bucket full on my machine. I also have some left over road fabric that I can use to hold it up against the ties while I spread the dirt up against them. Kind of a no brainer, just an extra step I didn't want to do. But it is best if I do I reckon!

/ How to make Railroad ties last longer?
Well, its done!! It was not easy to hold 57 rock against the ties before I backfilled. Used geotex fabric stapled to the bottom then filled it and then pulled it to the top. Worked ok, and I ran out of stone. But whatever, its done!! I backfilled it with some nice dirt I got for free from a project down the road. It was LITERALLY the perfect amount. No pics because it was dark by the time I finished. I will snap one tomorrow. I have some questions about super dry fill, and rain and extra compaction but I think I am going to start another thread. Stay tuned for pics. Only afters because I am the worst at taking befores.🤦‍♂️

/ How to make Railroad ties last longer? #24  
Please report tie condition every 5 years.

:D

Bruce