how to find out what Microsoft account is on a win8.1 pc?

/ how to find out what Microsoft account is on a win8.1 pc? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Long story short. I've driven over to my 85yr old mother in laws to take care of her house and yard. She has a win8.1 desktop, and today her old flip phone died, so I got her a nokia 635 . I have a 1020, so I can show her how to use the phone. Now, you have to have a Microsoft account to use many of the phone features ( I have outlook, etc), since she has a win8.1 PC I know she must already have a Microsoft account of some kind..hotmail, outlook, etc.. How do i figure out what she has so I can get her phone on the same one. Doing that, as you know, her calendar will sync, and her backups will be associated to both her devices.

Any help I appreciated. I'm fine with the win8.1 phone, and Microsoft stuff, just no win8 1 PC, so dint know where to look. Thanks

/ how to find out what Microsoft account is on a win8.1 pc? #2  
Look in control panel,user accounts.

/ how to find out what Microsoft account is on a win8.1 pc?
Thanks, will take a look, may have questions :)

I'm doing the door weatherstrippings now, need to get that finished and will then get on her computer for a look.

Thanks

/ how to find out what Microsoft account is on a win8.1 pc? #4  
You do not have to have a Microsoft account for Win 8. I only setup local accounts on them. Control Panel - User Accounts or Control Panel - Credential Manager or Control Panel - Mail may help show if an account has been setup.

/ how to find out what Microsoft account is on a win8.1 pc?
Yup, she had a local acct setup, but did have a Microsoft acct setup using an existing address. Got her phone all setup!

Thanks guys!