How to engage Branson cruise

/ How to engage Branson cruise #1  

ukrkoz

Silver Member
Tractor
Pioneer 1000 EPS
I have 35hp Branson. Not even year old.
I can't figure how to engage cruise. Silly it may sound.
Just pressing cruise green button usually drops speed to slow creep. I need to lock it at about 6 mph for mowing. I had it done once and never managed to repeat again.
Do I just tap it, or press and hold, or tap and let go of the Forward pedal?
No matter what I try, it drops to creep or simply stops.

/ How to engage Branson cruise #2  
I do not have a HST version but my understanding is you get it up to your desired speed with the cruise switch off then turn it on and release the petal. It should then hold that speed.

If you ask this question in the Century/Branson section you will get more help. Good luck.

/ How to engage Branson cruise #3  
that's how it works on my 2012 4720h

get up to speed, tap button on and then it stays going that speed till I hit the button or brake.

the button is a latch button that sticks down when on and up when off, i could see that mech. failing and then it would not work.

/ How to engage Branson cruise #4  
The cruise is an electromagnet that holds the HST pedal in place. It takes about half a second to engage. Too quick a stab at the button and it won't turn on.

I think there is an adjustment for how close the magnet is to the HST pedal arm. If it's too far away it would not hold as well and the pedal might slip.

/ How to engage Branson cruise #5  
that's how it works on my 2012 4720h

get up to speed, tap button on and then it stays going that speed till I hit the button or brake.

the button is a latch button that sticks down when on and up when off, i could see that mech. failing and then it would not work.
That's how it works on my 2400h

/ How to engage Branson cruise
Thank you. I'll try. So get to whatever speed, tap button for a brief moment, let go of the pedal. I'll. also, check if there's any adjustment to that magnet.

/ How to engage Branson cruise #7  
Not being a smart ass here but - what does your owners manual say.

Says, what does not work.
Refers to page 4-7 and page 4-7 has picture of instrument cluster.
DONE. I just fingered through every page in manual again, and it does not even have CC reference.

/ How to engage Branson cruise #9  
One thing to look for; are your brake lights on? A misadjusted brake light switch or the emergency brake not fully released will keep the cruise from locking on. I ran into that once.

Ah, ok. I don't really use tractor now, that it's January, but it's in low 40s and I can pull it out tomorrow and experiment. That CC ticks me off.
Thanks