How to adjust front shocks on Kubota RTV 1100 ?

/ How to adjust front shocks on Kubota RTV 1100 ? #1  

wawajake

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 , Kubota RTV X1100C
I see from owners manual for my Kubota RTV 1100 XC that the shocks are adjustable to 6 settings and factory has them in middle setting # 3 , I want the front set much stiffer because I am putting a older ATV snow plow on front. It looks like if I take the weight of the front wheels would be how I would start the job , but it looks like special tools is needed to fit in the slots and turn the shock adjuster to next settings. OR can the special tool be skipped and a screw driver and hammer persuasion turn it..............anyone done this before ? and did you need to buy the tool , or what worked instead?

/ How to adjust front shocks on Kubota RTV 1100 ? #2  
I have the RTV X1120D. I believe there are (4) settings to adjust the shocks on mine. You will need to raise the front end to relieve the weight from the axles and use a spanner wrench that fits the adjustment notches at the top of the shocks. If I can do it, anybody can!:D

/ How to adjust front shocks on Kubota RTV 1100 ?
As followup to my question I found out from my Kubota dealer that the wrench is not available from them but you must get from a tool supplier like maybe Stanley tools , but I had one of those chain link pipe wrenches (see pic) and it worked and I now have an extra maybe 5/8 inch clearance for plates when in the "up off ground blade position.

Attachments

• 20171129_113609.jpg
    20171129_113609.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 589