How to add fluid weight in tires?

/ How to add fluid weight in tires? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
In my JD 3038 the rear tires dealer added fluid rear tires. I'd like to put fluid in fronts. What's best way? I've heard different things, I believe windshield washer fluid is best? Doing it myself I assume I'd jack it up, turn to have valve at top, remove Schrader valve, then fill (but how?), add air correct pressure.
Thanks.

/ How to add fluid weight in tires?
Oh...I do have an oil suction gun I have used to add 90W rear end oil. Maybe that?

/ How to add fluid weight in tires? #5  
In my JD 3038 the rear tires dealer added fluid rear tires. I'd like to put fluid in fronts. What's best way? I've heard different things, I believe windshield washer fluid is best? Doing it myself I assume I'd jack it up, turn to have valve at top, remove Schrader valve, then fill (but how?), add air correct pressure.
Thanks.

There are several methods (shown on youtube videos) that do not require purchasing anything other than a 1/4" ID hose

If your tractor has a FEL it does not make much sense to add liquid b_allast to the front tires..they do not hold enough volume to make much difference...and you can usually just add some gravel etc. payload to the FEL bucket to suffice as front b_allast...

/ How to add fluid weight in tires?
There are several methods (shown on youtube videos) that do not require purchasing anything other than a 1/4" ID hose

If your tractor has a FEL it does not make much sense to add liquid ballast to the front tires..they do not hold enough volume to make much difference...and you can usually just add some gravel etc. payload to the FEL bucket to suffice as front ballast...
Ok. Luggage weights may be a better choice if I can find them at a good price somewhere. The front tires are 14", I'd have to see but seem fairly wide. Maybe fluid would only add 60# total?

/ How to add fluid weight in tires? #7  
I don't know the reasoning, but most manufacturers do not recommend filling the front tires with fluid. With that in mind, and the limited volume to begin with, suitcase weights would be a better option.

/ How to add fluid weight in tires? #8  
I don't know the reasoning, but most manufacturers do not recommend filling the front tires with fluid. With that in mind, and the limited volume to begin with, suitcase weights would be a better option.
It wears out the steering gear a lot faster. Additionally because of the front axle being on a pivot it doesn't actually help with stability. By the time the axle gets to the stops, you have enough momentum to keep rolling. Add to that the fact front ends are struggling under the weight of a loader & there is minimal benefit to go with a lit of downsides.

/ How to add fluid weight in tires? #9  
So, I have 55 gallon drum of Winter Washer Fluid, the Tractor Supply hose / valve fitting and 10' of clear hose. I even have a hand cranked drum pump. I jacked up the tractor (started with front tires to make sure I knew what I was doing). Let the air out of the tire, removed the stem core and jacked up the tire, turned it so the stem was at 2 o'clock. Drum is up in the bed of pickup truck. I get leaks and drips at the TSC attachement, but no sign the fluid going into the tire at all -when I try and pump it in, it builds pressure and either squirts all over or shows no sign of movement in the hose. What in the world am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bill

/ How to add fluid weight in tires? #10  
You need this valve-Slime 20073 Air & Water Adapter Kit from Amazon-to bleed off the air as the liquid goes in. I think TS may have a similar valve.