How tight should a ball be on a coupler?

/ How tight should a ball be on a coupler? #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I have a coupler with the trigger style latch. How tight should the ball be? Is there a specification for adjusting it?

/ How tight should a ball be on a coupler? #2  
From coupler instructions at:
http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/605660.pdf

With assistance, place the Ball Coupler over the vehicle’s Tongue ball and pull back on the Trigger and push down on the Handle until the Trigger locks in the slot. Pull up and down on the Ball Coupler to make sure the Tongue ball is fitting snugly in the Ball Coupler. There should be no play between the Tongue ball and the Ball Coupler

CAUTION: If there is play, tighten the Adjustment Nut until no play is present. If the Adjustment Nut is too tight, the Handle will not lock. Failure to properly adjust can result in uncoupling. After the Adjustment Nut is properly adjusted, pull back on the Trigger and push down on the Handle until the Trigger locks in the slot. Pull up on Handle firmly to make sure the Trigger is locked in place and the Handle cannot move.

/ How tight should a ball be on a coupler?
Thanks, Bruce. Thats was how I adjusted it. The funny thing is I adjsuted it to the pretty much new ball on the truck. It is extremely tough to latch on the tractor. The ball on the tractor is older. I guess there may be different size 2" balls. Atleast now I know I adjusted it properly.