How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #11  
3/4 acre, mostly flat, almost any lawn tractor would do the job.

Try a used "riding mower (lawn tractor)" brand name, runnin', should be fine and way less money.
You might look on Craigs List, your location, save transportation cost and time.

Myself, prefer garden tractors, gear drive, like the Wheel Horse and older Cub Cadets (before MTD).
I always look for rear wheels with lug nuts.

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #12  
any of the 82 series cub cadets would work for what you want. or any of the super cub's but most are hydro, if you want it manual shift look for a 582 the 682, 782, so on are Hydro.

100_7367-1.jpg

find one pre 1981 so you get a IH built cub. ( cast iron trans )

100_7355.jpg

100_7448.jpg

the narrow frames are nice too but Id take the wide frame any day.
100_7172.jpg

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #14  
I have a ltx 1040. Bought it at home depot to take advantage of their finance offer. It is 19.5 hp kohler with 42" deck. I cut an acre with it and so far it does well. I find it comfortable and it does not beat me to death like my craftsman did.

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #15  
Well the tractors aren't what they used to be but I suppose I'd buy another one just based on the local sales/service dept. I mean really there's no meaningful competition anymore. If you don't get a dealer Cub then you're looking at a JD/Ingersol/BXKubota. But there are scores of folks that are pleased with their HD/Lowes/Sears tractors....Go figure. If it were me for your 1 acre I'd inquire with my neighbors and feel them out for advice. See what works best for them. imo you don't need a tractor for 1 acre.

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #16  
My lawn tractor is a $900 Huskee (MTD-built, 42" cut, 18hp B&S engine) from Tractor Supply. Now on the 7th season. No problems.

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors?
I will be buying a new lawn tractor to replace my 8hp Snapper RER which is 28 years old and just went bad on me. I guess I should not complain :). My price range is $1500-$2000. My lawn is 3/4 acre and basically flat. Up to this point, I have not considered the Cub Cadet because I always thought of them as a low end product from Home Depot or Lowes. However, I could be wrong.Could you guys talk about the reliability and durability of these products? What suggestions/input can anyone give me on this matter? Has anyone experienced any reliability/durability problems with this brand as a whole? How has anyone found Cub Cadet manufacturer/retail support in the event of a problem? Does anyone know anything about Columbia lawn tractors? Thanks for your help!

I just received information that Club Cadet offers two new lawn tractors which are dealer only versions which are models LTX 1042 KW(18hp,42",$1799 on website) and LTX 1046 KW (21.5hp,46",$1999 on website). Both of these models have Kawasaki V-Twin engines and Club Cadet has a 3yr/120hr and 5yr/500hr limited warranty on these models. On the surface, this sounds like it might be a good deal. Does anyone have any experience with either of these models and can relate to their reliability/durability? How do you think they would compare to a comparable Simplicity Regent tractor? Thanks

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #19  
based on your yard description, either of the 2 units should do you fine from a performance/reliability standpoint. The Kawasaki's have a great rep. the CC's should match up with the simplicity regent well with mebbe the exception of simplicity's floating roller deck cut - which is hard to beat by any other make. Just make sure you piurchase CC's from dealer, not BBS.
Personally, would go with the 46 inch deck if yard does not have an excessive number of obstacles; the wider deck giving better edge trimming (2" wider cut than wheelbase width).

/ How reliable and durable are Cub Cadet lawn tractors? #20  
I have an ltx 1040, the low end cub, it is awsome, great for$1500, mows two achers easy would be great for you, comfortable, runs quiet and is tougher than most tractors sold at box stores, I really think you should get this or maybe a higher moddle if you want to pay for it you shouldn't be sorry you did.