How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower?

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
I know the manual calls for every 10 hours, do you follow it religiously?

Did my annual oil / filters / coolant change the other week, but one thing I've found myself falling behind on is replenishing the grease every 10 hours last year (pushing 450 hours on the mower now, and the local dealer did my 400 hour maintenance the other year).

That said, I have solid no flat tires I've been using for the last 300 hours, and I grease those wheels every time I get the mower out. I also grease all the spindles before every mowing. What I've tend to be neglecting last year was all the fittings under the carriage (instead of every 10 hours that I did religiously, perhaps now every 14-16 hours due to everything that was going on in our lives last year).

Just did them all pretty good over the weekend, and am I the only guy that has to keep getting on and off the mower to position the zerk fitting so it's pointing downward to get access to to grease? LOL

Never had a problem with the mower, runs great. Just wondering if I need to get back into that 10 hour grease the fittings routine again.

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #2  
Your mowing conditions probably should dictate your lubricating schedule. Mine gets greased at every oil & filter change, i.e. about twice per year, around 40 hours.

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #3  
I know the manual calls for every 10 hours, do you follow it religiously?

Did my annual oil / filters / coolant change the other week, but one thing I've found myself falling behind on is replenishing the grease every 10 hours last year (pushing 450 hours on the mower now, and the local dealer did my 400 hour maintenance the other year).

That said, I have solid no flat tires I've been using for the last 300 hours, and I grease those wheels every time I get the mower out. I also grease all the spindles before every mowing. What I've tend to be neglecting last year was all the fittings under the carriage (instead of every 10 hours that I did religiously, perhaps now every 14-16 hours due to everything that was going on in our lives last year).

Just did them all pretty good over the weekend, and am I the only guy that has to keep getting on and off the mower to position the zerk fitting so it's pointing downward to get access to to grease? LOL

Never had a problem with the mower, runs great. Just wondering if I need to get back into that 10 hour grease the fittings routine again.

I don’t, either. I’d say I’m more like 15-20. I haven’t had any failures, though and I’m on year 3 with the F-3680.
With 5 tractors, 2 trucks and 3 trailers, I don’t have the ability to keep up with all the lube/maintenance perfectly.

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #4  
I went through all of mine before the first mowing in case the dealer missed any and my plan is to do them every 15-20 hours.

I haven't found any of them hard to access like several on my Deere 955 with midmount deck which have less than optimal clearance. And I love the ease of fuel fill with my 2690 along with the great cut it provides.

I still haven't finalized my new mowing pattern with it yet because I am still getting used to it not mattering which side is adjacent to other stuff with the rear discharge. And I am still getting used to the rear end tracking when going through a triple row of trees. With the Deere and its midmount deck, I would make a pass on each side of the row of trees but with the F I think circling each tree is faster and avoids the issue of a sharp turn away from the tree potentially swinging the rear into it.

By the end of summer, I should have it figured out hopefully with the Kubota paint and all of the trees still intact 🤣

Rodger

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #5  
A shop lift makes all this maintenance much easier.

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #6  
my 3+ acre compound is fraught w/feral hog damage, so every other mow.
glad to have commercial heavy duty zero turn, the box store version wouldn't last a season or 2. glad to have grease serviceable spindles, regards

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #7  
I generally time my greasing with blade sharpening, which is about every 30-40 hours. My ZD mowers specify a grease interval of 50h for everything but the mower deck support brackets, which get greased every 100h.
Other than the front deck wheels on the F series mowers, is there any real difference in universals, spindles, king pins, etc? 10 hours seems like a very short greasing interval.

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #8  
I grease my equipment every time I re-fuel. Generally works out to every 8-12 hours depending on the machine.

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #9  
another way to look at grease intervals is to decide if the service is severe or moderate. i'd guess 10 hr intervals would apply to severe as in my case.
longer intervals should be fine for moderate

/ How ofter do you really grease all your zerk fittings on your F mower? #10  
I have 2006 JD 4320 compact tractor with the mid mount mower/ 48 HP./ 2570 hrs. approx. That's a lot of HP that could hurt a mid mount mower deck. I grease it after every 3rd/ 4th mowing. Mowing time is approx. 1 hr. and 30 minutes. The loader comes off for every mowing. Its been 17 yrs and here is the Items I have replaced. Two complete sets of ground wheels/ now $51 each, they don't really last that long. One tensioner pully 2 years ago, it was non greaseable item. I am on my 4 set of blades, now about $80 plus per set. It still has the original belt. A new JD belt is like $230, wow, if I remember correctly. One yoke and universal joint on the mid PTO side. U joint was good but the spline was getting loose. I think this was under $200. I changed the gear box oil one time years ago. It might be due again. Although this oil was not milky like my snow blower gear box oil was. I am planning on getting at least another 10 years out the mower deck. I am 74, the mower deck may out live me. The pictures show cleaning the deck, I do that every fall. It gets a wash job, grease, stored and covered in the heated side of building, ready for next year. Later.

20221105_122640 (2).jpg
20221105_122657 (2).jpg
20140507_180629 (2).jpg