How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #21  
As for finance let’s not forget 15 K in 10 years is worth how much with inflation, interest rates ?

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #22  
As for finance let’s not forget 15 K in 10 years is worth how much with inflation, interest rates ?
Time value of money, nor ROI was a consideration in buying a tractor - it was more I need these attributes in a machine to do these tasks, and maybe others I had not considered - as a tractor is an "active" investment that generates multiple returns over its useful life.

Now, I do analyze other investments, like installing solar, or a 90% efficient boiler which are "passive investments" meaning once you make them, they produce x savings over time no matter how you use them.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #23  
We never consider the cost to own. Need tractor and use it often. Certainly cheaper than trying to find someone else to do these things, esp. since no one wants to work or has time to do it

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #24  
honestly...who cares. worth every penny. i just unloaded wifes pallet of steer manure using tractor and forks. Priceless.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #26  
Can I deduct the tractors as a medical expense? physical therapy? I feel much better after spending a few hours in the seat, so much more effective than the chronic pain scripts I'm on.
get a chicken or two, sell eggs, then write off the tractor as a business expense :)

my tractor saves me a lot of time, work, effort, and it does all the heavy lifting and snow removal

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #27  
and you get your true cost of ownership. Is that about right?
Ummm that all depends. I don't care about the cost in dollars.
I am reaping the benefits of having a honkin' big powerful machine that makes short work of tasks that in years past took me weeks, even months and took incalculable physical energy that I had to reach deep to find.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #28  
Thats why you get a tractor like the John Deere, or similar that hold their value, with low depreciation and good residual value. In this case a 3025D with a FEL with 10 years/1000 hrs will sell for much more than $10,000, so you get greater value for your money than lets say a comparable Bad Boy or Branson tractor..
Now thats FUNNY.."Like a John Deere "IMHO this day in age MOST tractor brands hold their value.To your original question I don't care what the value is at the end I look how many times my tractor saved my old A$$ from doing hard crap....Can't put a price on that now can you..:unsure:

Last edited:
   / How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #29  
Now thats FUNNY.."Like a John Deere "IMHO this day in age MOST tractor brands hold their value.To your original question I don't care what the value is at the end I look how many times my tractor saved my old A$$ from doing hard crap....Can't put a price on that now can you..:unsure:
Just my opinion, yet I believe that LS will probably hold it's value the longest. Right now they are underpriced and as they become a more trustworthy brand, that increased value will offset the depreciation.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #30  
Just my opinion, yet I believe that LS will probably hold it's value the longest. Right now they are underpriced and as they become a more trustworthy brand, that increased value will offset the depreciation.
Kioti was like LS back in 2008 hell of a value IMHO..