Rake How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake?

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake? #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I have a 7 year-old Kodiak landscape rake, 60" with guage wheels that I no longer need. Does anybody know what a fair asking price might be? I think new I paid a little over $700 for it.

Thanks!

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake? #2  
If it's still in good usable condition,I use the 50%(of new) rule of marketing. Seems this works well on everything but compact tractors................Tom

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake?
That sounds reasonable to me. Thanks!

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake? #4  
I paid $350 for a slightly used 7' rake without guage wheels, added wheels a few weeks later for another $200. If it's well used, shoot for half of what you paid for it, if it's slightly used, shoot for 75%. You can always come down in price....

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake? #5  
It's not unusual for good, undamaged implements to cost 80% of new. I agree to start higher, and come down. You can't afford to come down off 50% and everybody wants a bargain.
Start at 80% and come down to 60-75% if you can get it. John

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake? #6  
GreenRules, got a pic? and what Cumberland county are you in?

/ How Much Should I Ask For a Used Landscape Rake?
Cumberland County, Maine. Isn't there a Cumberland Gap in TN.?
Sorry, I don't have a picture. There is very minor surface rust on it in a few places and one of the pieces of flat steel that holds on a guage wheel is cracked an needs to be re-welded. My brother has a welder and said he could fix it in no time. I put in some lawns (including mine) with it. I also used it to level my driveway from time to time. My wife wants the driveway paved, so I don't forsee it being used allot more in the future.