How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid?

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid? #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
I noticed wal mart has rotella udt rated for kubota's for about $39.00 for the 5 gal. pail,just wondering how much the kubota udt is and if it is any better than rotella. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid? #2  
It's been a little while, but, if I remember correctly when I had my Kubota and serviced the trans/hyd fluid I went to my local dealer and he had Kubota UDT and an off brand that met Kubota specs to choose from. I got the "off brand" and the dealer told me a lot of people bought it instead of the Kubota UDT and they had never had any trouble with it. I think what I bought ran about $6/gal. I think that the Kubota was around $10/gal.

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid?
Thanks Ron , I just got a quote from one dealer for the kubota udt and it was $ 48.00 for 5 gal. so you were right on.I like the rotella products so I will probably go with that unless someone on tbn has a reason not too.

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid? #4  
I don't see any reason not to use Rotella, I have used Mystik JT-5 on my previous Kubota and will use it again.

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid? #5  
<font color="blue"> unless someone on tbn has a reason not too. </font>
Sometimes I think people make what oils (engine and trans) and grease to use a much more complicated decision than it needs to be. Actually, based upon all the questions that get asked in this forum, I know people do. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just as with engine oil, if it meets the specifications listed in your Operator's Manual, it's OK to use. It's really that simple. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid? #6  
Hi Mike:

Crus'in the forum again. I love the "oil" thread. Of course you are absolutely right. As long as the lubricant meets the requirements set forth by the OEM for the particular application, then there is no reason not to use it.

I never could understand why folks will pay a premium price for a particular lubricant with fancy packaging or unsubstantiated claims when the not so fancy packaged lubricant will do the same job for less (and probabaly a lot less) money.

A good example of that is Shell Rotella T. For years I used Rotella in my big trucks, farm tractors, lawnmowers and every other 4 stroke engine here on the farm. One day, just for kicks and giggles I took a sample of Rotella and the less pricy Mystic JT8 and sent them off for spectroscopic analysis. The burn results were very close, actually, too close to be of consequence. Of course now I use JT8 exclusively with the exception of my standby genset and my motorcycle where the OEM recommends synthetic oil.

Now that the computers are set up and we are back in the house, you will find me around again. It's been a long summer living in the RV.

/ How much for Kubota Hyd. fluid? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just as with engine oil, if it meets the specifications listed in your Operator's Manual, it's OK to use. It's really that simple. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif)</font>

Mike, I want to say that on nearly every thread in this forum. People way over analize oils. I don't use the cheapest stuff I can find... but I use name brands oils that have been around for a long time and I have never had a problem or never seen a problem that was directly related to using a poor quality oil. Use what is recommended (or a comparable oil), change the filter, and do it when it is required. If that routine is followed... you'll never have to worry.