How much fluid for tire ballast

/ How much fluid for tire ballast #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
I know this subject has been covered ad nauseum but I cannot find on any of the websites how much fluid to put in a 12.5/80-18 tire. Any guesses?

/ How much fluid for tire ballast #3  
Are you going to load the tires yourself or get a shop to do it?

/ How much fluid for tire ballast #4  
12.5x80-18 22.0 235.4

so 22 gallons per tire, and 235.4 lbs of Rimguard.. water or methanol mixes would be less of course. water would be about 176 lbs.

James K0UA

/ How much fluid for tire ballast
I am going to do it myself. I have a Gemplers fill tool and 12 volt marine pump with garden hose fittings.

/ How much fluid for tire ballast
I ended up putting in 23 gallons per tire using a Gempler's fill tool and a marine pump. It is like having a new tractor. I had excellent help too!

Attachments

• image-1786646462.jpg
    image-1786646462.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 313
  • image-3243055403.jpg
    image-3243055403.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 383
   / How much fluid for tire ballast #7  
I'm confused on the tire sizes on the table. I don't see Surgeon's tire size on that table either. I looked up the tire size for the industrial tires on a CK35 I'm looking at getting which is a 15-19.5 according to the Kioti website. I don't see that one either. So how do you find your tire size on the table?

/ How much fluid for tire ballast #8  
I'm confused on the tire sizes on the table. I don't see Surgeon's tire size on that table either. I looked up the tire size for the industrial tires on a CK35 I'm looking at getting which is a 15-19.5 according to the Kioti website. I don't see that one either. So how do you find your tire size on the table?

Here's some of the Titan tire recommendations. the 15-19.5 is listed

Attachments

• Titan Percent Fill.jpg
    Titan Percent Fill.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,236
   / How much fluid for tire ballast #10  
I'm confused by the difference/advantages between filled tires and ballast mounted on the 3 point hitch?

What differences do you notice after filling the rear tires?

And would ballast on the 3 point offer the same advantages as filled tires, and maybe more?