How much damage can a grenade cause?

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #2  
"They" say - killing range = 10 meters. Serious damage = 15 meters. Schrapnel can go = 200 meters.

Better to be safe than sorry.

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #4  
Dad has a chromed 'pineapple' and an old 'deactivated' potato masher. I hope mom's cleaning lady doesn't ever see them and freak out.

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #5  
Watched an episode of "Homicide Hunter" where some guy moved into a house in Colo. Springs, and found a couple of grenades in the garage. For some reason, the guy pulled the pin on one, and just held it. They found the pin, with his finger still in it. Seems as the previous occupant had been in the service, and for some reason brought home a couple live grenades and left them in the garage.

I have a dummy pineapple grenade, and I don't even think about pulling the pin.

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #6  
If he pulled the pin and just held it, nothing would happen. You have to let go of the handle before it will go off....we pulled the pin on dad's pineapple a lot....when he wasn't home.

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #7  
Just a reason to bring out the drama squad and make some news.
Well, the police can’t be sure if there isn’t other explosives or unlocated booby traps which could cause widespread destruction. If some idiot has a grenade, who knows what else he has or intends. Better safe than sorry.

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #8  
Well, the police can’t be sure if there isn’t other explosives or unlocated booby traps which could cause widespread destruction. If some idiot has a grenade, who knows what else he has or intends. Better safe than sorry.
Dad was no idiot. He was a career military man with a Bronze Star with V.

I understand what you are saying about better safe than sorry, but the grenade was inert. The guy was not an idiot for having it....maybe for leaving it behind when he moved. :)

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #9  
Just a reason to bring out the drama squad and make some news.
The incident commander will always be conservative and play it safe. It's better to evacuate too many people than not enough. And, he or she doesn't know wat else may be there.

/ How much damage can a grenade cause? #10  
FWIW...grenade triggers make great trip wire warning devices....they use a spring loaded device that strikes a percussion cap (easily replaced with shotgun shell primers)...just set up a trip line and when the primer goes off whomever hits the trip line think they are getting fired on...!
look for the grenade triggers at gun shows etc...they are usually a few bucks...primers are at a premium but worth the fun...