How many woodland owners here are American Tree Farm certified?

/ How many woodland owners here are American Tree Farm certified? #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Just wondering.

/ How many woodland owners here are American Tree Farm certified? #2  
The organization seems to vary from state to state. I looked in to ATF certification, but didn't bother. I'm committed to doing right by my forested land, and have worked hard to educated myself. However, I'm already heavily involved with two other organizations here in VT: Vermont Family Forests and Vermont Coverts: Woodlands for Wildlife. Neither is a "certification" organization, but I think both go further than Tree Farm in their recommendations and requirements. They are also more closely aligned with my goals for my land.

I'm well acquainted with several of the past "Vermont Tree Farmer of the Year" winners. Great people who are doing great things with their land. It's a great program, I've just got enough on my plate already without joining something else.

/ How many woodland owners here are American Tree Farm certified? #3  
No interest in being certified. But we do attend courses in forestry management and have a plan developed with the Texas Forestry Service. We're a member of Forest Landowner's Association and try to always apply the best practices to our part of the forest, just not interested in certification.

/ How many woodland owners here are American Tree Farm certified? #4  
I am Ohio 4152

/ How many woodland owners here are American Tree Farm certified? #5  
My father established an "open lands/wet lands" management plan with an offshoot of the Dept of Agriculture in 1946. I still follow this plan. The offshoot organization went out of existence over 40 years ago.