How loud is your Kioti?

/ How loud is your Kioti? #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
One of the other members (Eric) took some sound level reading of his newTier 4 NX series Kioti the other day, and the numbers seemed fairly quiet. I commented that I believed that my DK35se might be somewhat louder, but I had no way to prove that. Then another member chimed in and said hey James, there is an app for that! Sure enough in the Android store there are several sound level meter apps, most for free. So I downloaded one called sound meter, (very unique name huh?), and took some readings. Here is what I came up with.

With tractor at idle, I measured 88db at 1 foot and 79db at three foot and 74 db at 6 foot. I measured 75 db sitting in the seat.

With tractor at 2510 rpm (which is about the 540 setting) the one foot and three foot were the same at 94db and six foot was 90 db with the seat at about 90 db. I believe the sound "meter" could have been in compression at the 1 foot measurement. as even though the meter goes to 120db, I believe the input amplifier circuitry has an agc function that would limit very loud sounds.

What can you expect for a free app on a smartphone? Anyway, yes my tier 4 interim machine appears to be louder than a Tier 4 final machine, as would be expected with the extra things in the exhaust path of the new Tier 4 machine. Perhaps some of you would take the time to measure your machines and see what you get.

/ How loud is your Kioti? #2  
I'll have to find someone with a "smart" phone to download the app. Maybe the kid next door so he can see how loud his motocrosser is.

/ How loud is your Kioti? #3  
The loudest thing about my DK50 is the nice cool air blasting from the AC ... unless I crank up the stereo :)

/ How loud is your Kioti? #4  
   / How loud is your Kioti? #5  
Whats a app ??????????

/ How loud is your Kioti?
Whats a app ??????????

App is short for Application. On "smartphones" there are apps that you download in an app store and install on your smartphone to do what ever the app is designed to do. You see a smartphone is a lot of different things, not the least is that it is a type of computer that can run "apps":) On PC's we tend to call them programs, but on these phones they are called "apps". There are thousands of different apps.

/ How loud is your Kioti? #7  
James, not to be nit picky, but from what side of the tractor did you take these readings? :confused3:

/ How loud is your Kioti?
James, not to be nit picky, but from what side of the tractor did you take these readings? :confused3:

The left, in the middle of the exhaust stream.

/ How loud is your Kioti? #9  
The left, in the middle of the exhaust stream.

Sooooooooooooo, the next question, how much difference is there on the other side? :confused3: It's all about averages ya know. ;)