How long do your tires last

/ How long do your tires last #11  
Typically front tires on CUT will wear out long before rears. Many factors to consider weight on front bucket and pavement. In addition how hard you use the tractor. I have worn out fronts within 300 hours or as long as 1000 hours. Yes exposure to UV will result in dry rot. Tend to keep tractor in the barn when not in use sunlight does shorten life of rubber tire.

/ How long do your tires last #12  
I just replaced my front R4 tires last week. I got tired of then popping off the rims. The tread still wasnt too bad, but was having problem with the bead. Replaced with Carlisle tires. Each tire was nearly 50% heavier than the old titans. The tire dealer had alot of problems mounting them. The old titans came off easy. The rear tires still look new. Tractor has about 1,300 hours and is 10 years old. I just didnt want any issues this winter.

/ How long do your tires last
My tractor has seen a fair amount of asphalt in its life. Never oin 4wd unless it痴 moving snow piles. ..more often it痴 loading mulch into a blower when it痴 on pavement.

/ How long do your tires last #14  
Tires on my Kubota L2500 was 15 years/2200 hours on my front tires, and 20 years/2900 hours on my rear tires. Both were R-1's, on field and road.

Front tires were $300 to replace for the pair, and rears were $700 to replace for the pair.

So...7 cents per hour-tire for front tires and 12 cents per hour-tire for rear tires.

/ How long do your tires last #15  
These rear tractor tires are about 25 yrs old & have been driven 100's probably 1000's of miles on public asphalt roads during my custom baling operation.

Attachments

• KIMG0238.jpg
    KIMG0238.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
  • KIMG0237.jpg
    KIMG0237.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
   / How long do your tires last #16  
This question isn’t as easy to answer as one would think.

The more I think about it the harder it is to answer. In my experiance it has as much to do with how the trarcktor performs or reacts as it does with size wieght and use.

/ How long do your tires last #17  
Paul, I don't think there is an answer that has any value to the person asking the question. Same with "how often do you change oil?" or "how often do you grease your tractor?" or "how long should the seat last?" or a multitude of more questions that could come to mind. :)

/ How long do your tires last #18  
Paul, I don't think there is an answer that has any value to the person asking the question. Same with "how often do you change oil?" or "how often do you grease your tractor?" or "how long should the seat last?" or a multitude of more questions that could come to mind. :)

Agreed.

But it does bring to my mind at least all the different replacement intervals that I have had and has me thinking if I was just a little more patient on some of those machines, that I could have saved a ton of money over the years.
I would think those with limited experiance on different machines and a much less varied usage history might be able to give some type of answer that could at least shed a little light on what one could expect.
I hope that makes sense the way I stated it!

/ How long do your tires last #19  
Agreed.

But it does bring to my mind at least all the different replacement intervals that I have had and has me thinking if I was just a little more patient on some of those machines, that I could have saved a ton of money over the years.
I would think those with limited experiance on different machines and a much less varied usage history might be able to give some type of answer that could at least shed a little light on what one could expect.
I hope that makes sense the way I stated it!

Makes sense to me.

I rotate the tires on the road grader I run so they last longer.

I monitor and maintain air pressure in all my tires.

I ruined a front tire on my Kubota at 1,300 hrs. I was heartbroken over it.

I get very good mileage out of my two truck's tires because I drive like an old man on top of regular rotations and proper air pressure.

I also work my vehicles as they are intended to be worked. Use bordering on abuse.

So I guess there's some value in the discussion here. As long as the reader realizes there's no specific answer. :)

/ How long do your tires last
I called my local dealer to enquirer about tires or tires and rims if it was worth it. Tires mounted on rims..780.00 plus tax. Tires no rims..540.00... then unmount remount... probably another 80.00. Took a better look at the tires my tractor came with. Titans is the rear and Good Years in the front. ..odd