How long do your PHD auger teeth last?

/ How long do your PHD auger teeth last? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
I had a cheap Speeco 12" auger I just replaced. Teeth lasted maybe 200 holes. Some rocks finished off the remaining teeth a little & it stopped digging on a job. The holes where the auger attaches to the PHD are about double the width they started out as due to the thin materialy slowly tearing. After replacing the auger, the local big box ranch store didnt have any teeth in stock, but they would be $15 a pop. Keeping & re-toothing & welding a patch & reinforcement on the torn mounting holes the Speeco as a spare though.

A new Pengo 12" was a painful $360, but a spare set of teeth was about $20 for all 4. The auger is much beefier than the Speeco, so I'm assuming will last a good while longer. Thehe new auger cut great. 30ish holes later it wasnt cutting so great. Looked at the new teeth and they were 25% worn or so. Flipped the teeth so the angle was cutting better & it was decent for the rest of the job. Mostly clay around here, but the lots of sand in the last job, which unsuprisingly seems to be eating things faster. Im wondering if I should have gotten hardfaced ($10 each) or carbide teeth ($20 each) instead of the base $5 teeth.

How long do others get on base, hardfaced or carbide teeth? If the harder ones dont last twice or 4 times as long its probably not worth it.