How hot is it?

/ How hot is it? #122  
After last week's heat index hitting 116F during the day, yesterday morning felt like the first day of Fall. This morning's temp in Middle TN was 58F.

/ How hot is it? #123  
It seems the weather is all over the place here in America this year. We (Michigan) started out very dry this spring - dry enough where the first cutting yield was less than normal. July was unusually wet and cooler affecting drying times and produce (vegetables) was behind a good three weeks as things were slow to ripen. August was wetter yet. It finally stopped raining long enough to get my round bales off the field and the mud was like spring mud. I talked to a fella yesterday from Kentucky and he said they had an excellent year there. Saw a man a week ago from Wisconsin and he told me it was very dry there all year

/ How hot is it?
We are finally under the triple digits in So Cal... predicted low 90s today and low 80s tomorrow. Now that's better!

/ How hot is it? #125  
It seems the weather is all over the place here in America this year. We (Michigan) started out very dry this spring - dry enough where the first cutting yield was less than normal. July was unusually wet and cooler affecting drying times and produce (vegetables) was behind a good three weeks as things were slow to ripen. August was wetter yet. It finally stopped raining long enough to get my round bales off the field and the mud was like spring mud. I talked to a fella yesterday from Kentucky and he said they had an excellent year there. Saw a man a week ago from Wisconsin and he told me it was very dry there all year

You seemed surprised by the weather.

This is a good example how the media now expects people to believe the weather needs to be a constant and predictable temperature with low severity from storms being the norm.

Weather has always been variable and it's always had severity as a constant.

Big climate has won. They have programmed the masses into a belief norm.

/ How hot is it? #126  
You seemed surprised by the weather.

This is a good example how the media now expects people to believe the weather needs to be a constant and predictable temperature with low severity from storms being the norm.

Weather has always been variable and it's always had severity as a constant.

Big climate has won. They have programmed the masses into a belief norm.
I've spent a good amount of time outside year around for decades - the weather here in Michigan is anything but typical this year. I studied weather and know how to look for signs of rain and fair weather without any media - dont watch TV. Somehow the idea of being lumped in with "the masses" suggests that one is easily lead, simple or sheepish

/ How hot is it? #127  
Wet today here close to Colton, OR . . . about 60* now at 2:10 pm.

/ How hot is it? #128  
Still hot and dry here. It was still at 101* around 6pm here.

We also had the driest August on record with 1.10” recorded. The previous record was 1.40”. Average is somewhere between 6 and 7”.

Azaleas are dead, magnolia trees are dead, lawns are all dead.

/ How hot is it? #129  
Lawns may come back… at least they do here.

I try to keep the back lawn going watering each of 3 zones 20 minutes 2x a week so one hour total twice a week.

Used 630 gallons per day for 57 days…

All in including meter fee and tiered usage totals $570.86

So $10 each and every day for city water with 90% going to summer landscape…

/ How hot is it? #130  
We finally got about an inch of rain yesterday afternoon. It soaked into the ground quickly.
The heat is still on. Heat index was up around 109* after the rain.