How Hard Can a Tractor Pull?

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #61  
That 28' orange ladder in the background. The pine tree it is leaning on is coming down next, you can see where I limbed it up to about 30 feet. I'll top it, then drag the stick over same as this one.
This scares me just reading it. You sir have some big nads!

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #63  
About a month ago my neighbor asked me to come till some ruts in his yard so I tilled them and then saw a rock sticking out of his yard about six inches. He had been mowing around it.

I said do you want me to pop that rock out of there, he said sure but I've put a spud bar on there and I can't budget it. So I dug around it a little with the loader bucket and he dug with shovel and we dug and we dug and we hit another rock beside it as we dug and we dug that rock out too to try to get the original rock out.

We dug the secondary rock, I'll call it and it weighed about 600 lbs. Only had my little tractor at the time, case SCUT, could only slide it out of the hole could barely do that.

Then we commenced digging around the primary rock, the big one. We dug and dug again. Finally we dug enough that my tractor could almost get under it but my loader wouldn't reach because we had dug so much. My front tires would have dropped into the hole. Probably weighed at least 800lbs.

So, I said, I'll be back. Went and got my MILs big tractor 50hp. and popped it right out. It was actually kind of fun.

I went over to do a 10 minute tilling job and 2 hours later came home and it was about dark. LOL

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #64  
This scares me just reading it. You sir have some big nads!

More like not smart enough to realize the danger. I’m sorry to directly insult another member but cutting trees off a ladder is extremely dangerous and doesn’t go as planned a high percentage of the time. You don’t cut trees in the middle either. All the way to the top and work your way down or cut it at the base on the 1st cut.

Last edited:
   / How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #65  
More like not smart enough to realize the danger. I’m sorry to directly insult another member but cutting trees off a ladder is extremely dangerous and doesn’t go as planned a high percentage of the time. You don’t cut trees in the middle either. All the way to the top and work your way down or cut it at the base on the 1st cut.
So, here is a great example of what not to do. This guy has no idea what my experience or training is, no idea what safety equipment I was using, or what obstacles were factors in why and how I decided to drop this tree this way did, but feels compelled to launch a personal attack based on his own biases. One of us is not smart enough to realize the danger in what we're doing, pretty sure you can figure out who.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull?
I got a pole saw to make cutting trees safer. You're not supposed to use a regular chainsaw to cut anything higher than your shoulders, but with a pole saw, the bar can't hit you, so you can cut things in all directions. It also allows you to put some distance between yourself and things you are afraid might fall the wrong way.

Wouldn't help with topping a tree, though! If I could get a strap or chain on a tree high enough to pull it over, I would put my tractor too far away for the tree to hit it and pull it down whole.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #67  
Here is my rope pulling trees experience: Pull
P8260006.JPG
P8260010.JPG
P8260013.JPG

Tree trunk broke:
P8260015.JPG

Hooked the rope to the other one:
P8260023.JPG

It broke also:
P8260030.JPG