How do you pour milk from the new square jugs?

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
We have been buying our milk in the new style square gallon jugs and I cannot figure out how to pour it without seeming to spill more than I pour. There has to be a secret or method to pouring without spilling but I'm clueless about it.

Does anyone know the secret to pouring without spilling? :)

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #2  
We were at the in-laws for Thanksgiving and I saw them for the first time. MIL was complaining about them as well. I didn't try but I saw that it would be a pita.

Good luck!

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #3  
We have been buying our milk in the new style square gallon jugs and I cannot figure out how to pour it without seeming to spill more than I pour. There has to be a secret or method to pouring without spilling but I'm clueless about it.

Does anyone know the secret to pouring without spilling? :)
How about a pic? I would love to see what the container looks like in your neck of the woods.

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #4  
Is this what you mean by 'square gallon jug'?

S_16912_L.jpg

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #5  
Costco has been using that style for years, I've never had a problem with them. Of course I always use a really big glass so I can get the pour started quickly without worrying about going over the rim or overfilling a tiny glass.

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #6  
Maybe this?

Attachments

• image-2153186258.jpg
    image-2153186258.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 272
   / How do you pour milk from the new square jugs?
PITA is a severe understatement.
Here's some pics.

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #8  
case_less_milk_jugs2.jpg

SquareMilkJug3.JPG
Nope this

Reasoning behind them is they stack better on pallets with this shape or so I hear. Can't help on the pouring though. We usually buy ours in 1/2 gallons

/ How do you pour milk from the new square jugs? #10  
Makes me glad that I only buy milk for cooking, and in quarts! Those containers look difficult. Do they think they are saving on plastic, I wonder?

I love cheese and other dairy products, but can buy a quart of milk for recipes, and 2 weeks later, being pouring some of it down the drain.